List eight places used for worship in traditional African communities. (8 marks)
Places used for worship in traditional African communities
Give six reasons why sacrifices are made in traditional African communities. (6 marks)
Reasons why sacrifices are made in traditional African communities
PREVIOUSLY << WAYS IN WHICH GOD WOULD PUNISH THE PEOPLE OF JUDAH ACCORDING TO THE TEACHING OF PROPHET JEREMIAH ON JUDGMENT
In what ways did Prophet Jeremiah suffer while carrying out his work in Judah 9 (6 marks)
Ways in which Jeremiah suffered while carrying out his prophetic work in Judah
Ways in which God would punish the people of Judah according to the teaching of prophet Jeremiah on judgment - kcse c.r.e questions and answers
With reference to the teaching of Prophet Jeremiah on judgment, state six ways in which God would punish the people of Judah. (6 marks)
What lessons do political leaders learn from greatness of King David?
1. David knew God and had personal relationship
Political leaders should have personal relationship with God and ask God's guidance everytime they pursue their roles.
2. David obeyed the prophets of God
Political leaders should listen to concerns from religious leaders and respect them. Also respect the word of God and His messengers.
3. David was remorseful when he did mistakes
Political leaders should ask for forgiveness when they do wrong, they should also apologize when they go astray and accept to be guided.
4. David followed God’s commandments
Political leaders should obey God's commandments
5. David united Israel and expanded territorial boundaries
Political leaders should strive to unite all people in the world so that the world can have one political union so that we can solve our problems in unison.
6. david captured Jerusalem from the Jebusites
Political leaders should be in the fore front in fighting for their people's welfare and to protect the interests of their citizens and stability of their regions.
7. david made peace treaties with his NEIGHBORS
Political leaders should be led by peaceful instincts in their endeavors. They should pursue peace at the expense of war.
8. david composed psalms which are used during worship
Political leaders should write memoirs and biographies to sensitize young and upcoming leaders on the need for good leadership.
9. david made preparations for the construction of the temple
Political leaders should emulate David in getting involved in the construction of houses of God
10. david fought and killed goliath
No matter how big the danger is, political leaders should be ready to sacrifice their lives and serve their people. They should be in the fore front in any fight that guarantees justice, liberty and peace.
KCSE 2015 QUESTION 3B:
Social injustices condemned by prophet Amos in Israel
Genesis 12:1-9 New International Version (NIV)
12 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”
4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran. 5 He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Harran, and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there.
6 Abram traveled through the land as far as the site of the great tree of Moreh at Shechem. At that time the Canaanites were in the land. 7 The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.
8 From there he went on toward the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. There he built an altar to the Lord and called on the name of the Lord.
9 Then Abram set out and continued toward the Negev.
Describe the call of Abraham (Genesis 12: 1-9). (8 marks)
- God told Abraham to leave his country Haran /his kindred/his father’s house to the land that God would show him
- God promised Abraham that he would make him a great nation/bless him/make his name great/source of blessing
- Abraham left the land of Haran as he had been instructed by God
- Abraham was seventy five years when he was called
- He took his wife Sarai /Lot his brother’s son/all their possessions/his servants/set forth to the land of Canaan
- They passed through Canaan to the place at Shechem/oak of Moreh
- God appeared to Abraham in the land of Canaan/promised to give the land of Canaan to his descendants
- Abraham built an altar to the Lord at Shechem
- He moved to the mountain on the east of Bethel /pitched his tent/built an altar for the Lord/called on the name of the Lord
- Abraham journeyed on towards Negeb.
covenants made in traditional African communities
- Agreement during initiation to respect cultural practices and taboos
- Agreement during peace treaties that was made between conflicting communities
- Agreements during marriage
- Agreements with gods during rituals and sacrifices
- Agreements between two people over a dispute
- Agreements for natural conservation of animals and vegetation
- Agreements during the making of community laws and practices
- Agreements with the dead in spirit to protect the community
Identify seven examples of covenants made in Kenya today. (7 marks)
- Peace agreements
- Trade treaties
- Land purchase agreements/land lease
- Employment contracts
- Oath of office/loyalty
- Ordination of church leaders.
Identify the responsibilities given to human beings by God in Biblical creation stories
- Human beings are to till/cultivate the land
- To guard /protect the land/conserve/care for the land
- They should procreate/have children/ fill the earth/multiply
- To be in charge of the fish/birds/animals
- To give names to God’s creation
- To feed from the plants
- They should obey God’s commands
- To marry for companionship
- Human beings should help each other
- To subdue/have dominion over the earth.
OUTLINE WHAT SIMEON AND ANN REVEALED ABOUT THE LIFE OF JESUS WHEN HIS PARENTS PRESENTED HIM TO THE TEMPLE FOR DEDICATION
ROLES OF HEALERS IN TRADITIONAL AFRICAN COMMUNITY
They are also known as healers, herbalists, traditional doctors.
Are people though who spirits and ancestors communicated with the living.
Are people who reveal secret information from the past or the future.
Get their power through supernatural endowment and apprenticeship. They observe the behavior of plants, insects and animals. They study the sky, stars, moon, clouds, wind movement and their body senses to predict weather.
Perform religious duties. They either inherit the position or receive a divine call.
(f) Prophets/ seers
Prophets are also referred to as seers. A prophet is a person who can foretell the future by revealing visions, dreams or messages from God.
Are senior members of the community in charge of families, villages and clans. They are morally upright, settle disputes in the community are also custodians of the community property and decide how it would be shared.
IN WHAT WAYS WAS THE BIRTH AND LIFE OF JESUS GOING TO BE EXTRAORDINARY ACCORDING TO ANGEL GABRIEL
African Moral And Cultural Values
BRIDE AND CHRISTIANS
Christian Approaches To Human Sexuality
Christian Approaches To Law
Christian Approaches To Law Order And Justice
Christian Approaches To Leisure
Christian Approaches To Selected Issues Related To Modern Science
Christian Approaches To Wealth
CHRISTIAN APPROACHES TO WORK
CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES IN EAST AFRICA
CREATION AND THE FALL OF MAN
C.R.E REVISION KIT
DEATH AND RESURRECTION
Faith And God’s Promises: Abraham
INTRODUCTION TO CHRISTIAN ETHICS
JOHN THE BAPTIST
JOURNEY TO JERUSALEM
K.C.S.E C.R.E 1996
LEADERSHIP IN ISRAEL: DAVID AND SOLOMON
Loyalty To God: Elijah
Marriage And Family
Money And Poverty
Old Testament Prophesies About The Messiah
Order And Justice
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SELECTED ASPECTS OF AFRICAN RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
Selected Old Testament Prophets And Their Teachings
SINAI COVENANT: MOSES
Spirits And Ancestors
Spread Of Christianity
Technology And Environment
The Galilean Ministry
THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
THE INFANCY AND EARLY LIFE OF JESUS
TRADITIONAL AFRICAN COMMUNITIES
UNITY OF BELIEVERS