What is a family?
i. Nuclear Family
ii. Polygamous family
b. Traditional African family values and practices
(2) pouring libations; and
(3) giving the dead decent burials
(4) providing basic needs to their children
(5) bringing up children to be morally upright individuals.
(2) providing responsible parenthood, which is the process of bringing up children to become all round or self reliant persons
(3) educating children in all aspects of life.
Christian understanding of the family
a) Dictatorship /authoritative / autocratic — the parents is the final authority, imposes decisions
b) Permissive or liberal style — also referred to as «Laissez faire” the children do as they want
c) Democratic style — parents discuss with their children on family issues. This is the best style
Problems related to family life today
Families are faced with numerous problems such as:-
Traditional African approaches to problems related to family life today
Christian’s approaches to problems related to family life today
P.O Box 1189 - 40200
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
Tel: 0763 450 425
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org