FORM 1 TERM 1 AGRICULTURE QUESTIONS
First Trial Paper
Second Trial Paper
22. Below is a diagram illustrating a soil profile study it carefully and answer the questions that follow.
i) Name parts labeled A,B,C and D above ( 4mks)
ii) State three properties of the part labeled A above. ( 3mks)
iii) State four factors that influence soil formation ( 4mks)
23. The diagram below shows an experiment set up using different soil type A,B and C. The observation was made after 24 hours.
a) State what the experiment was designed to study. ( 1mk)
b) Name the soil type labeled A,B,C ( 3mks)
c) State three ways in which soil structure influences crop production. ( 3mks)
d) Distinguish between soil structure and soil texture. ( 2mks)
24. The diagrams below show a setup of an experiment to study an aspect of soil.
a) What was the aim of the experiment (1mk)
b) State one observation that was made in each of the flasks labeled C and D
C_____________________ ( 1mk).
D_____________________(1 m k)
c) Give a reason for each of your answers in(b) above (1 mk)
C________________ (1 mk)
Third Trial Paper
Forth Trial Paper
Fifth Trial Paper
Sixth Trial Paper
Seventh Trial Paper
Eight Trial Paper
12. Diagram D and E below are illustrations of workshop tools. Study them and answer the questions that follow.
a) Identify the tools marked D and E. (2mks)
b) State one function of each of the tool shown. (2mks)
c) Give one maintenance practice of tool E. (1mk)
a) Identify the method of drainage shown above. (1mk)
b) Other than the method shown in (a) above list other four methods used in draining farm land. (2mks)
c) Outline four reasons for draining farm land. (2mks)
The illustrations above represent an experiment to compare the porosity and water holding capacity of three of soils. Carefully study the experiment and then answer the questions that follow.
a) Identify the soil in each of the funnel labeled. (3 mks)
b) Which of the three types of soil can be said to have the highest porosity rate? (1 mk)
c) Which type of soil would be suitable for planting paddy rice? (1 mk)
15. Complete the table below that attempts to classify soil based on the sizes of soil particles. (5 mks)
16. Below is a diagram of farm equipment. Use it to answer the questions that follows.
a) Identify the equipment. (1mk)
b) State the use of the equipment. (1mk)
c) Name the parts labeled E, F and G. (3mks)
a) Identify the method of irrigation shown below. (1 mk)
b) What are the disadvantages of this method of irrigation? (2 mks)
c) Outline how the method of irrigation in (a) above is maintained? (2 mks)
18 a) Outline six biotic factors influencing agriculture. (6mks)
b) State the four aspects of rainfall that are important for crop growth . (4mks)
19 a) State five factors that determine the number of times secondary cultivation is done (5mks)
b)Outline the advantages of minim tillage. (5mks)
20 a) State four importance of water treatment. (4mks)
b) What factors determine the choice of the type of irrigation used? (6mks)