section 28-30: Commission's discretion to issue certificates
(1) Where a person holds a certificate from a foreign learning institution accredited by a recognized accreditation body, the Commission shall have the discretion to register or refuse to register the person.
(2) Where the Commission declines to issue a Certificate of Registration, the Commission shall-
Section 29: Verification by the commission
(l) The Commission may for purposes of verification, at any time require an applicant or a person who has been registered to provide the Commission with proof of-
(2) The Commission may after due process refuse to register the applicant or revoke the registration of a registered teacher who fails to provide information required under this regulation.
section 30: Revocation of Certificate of Registration
(1) The Commission may-
(2) A person whose Certificate of Registration is revoked or recalled by the Commission shall be informed in the manner set out in the Fourth Schedule .
(3) A person whose name has been removed from the Register and who has not lodged an appeal against such decision, shall surrender the Certificate of Registration to the Commission within ninety days.
(4) A person whose appeal has been heard and dismissed shall surrender the Certificate of Registration forthwith.
PREVIOUSLY: PROTOCOL: HOW KENYAN TEACHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION (T.S.C)
REGISTRATION OF KENYAN TEACHERS
This part provides for the conditions and procedure for registration of trained teachers and non-citizens. The part further provides the procedure for revocation of Certificate of Registration, readmission to the Register and the review mechanism for an application whose registration has been denied. It also provides for offences relating to registration, penalties thereof and steps to be undertaken in the event of loss of the Certificate of Registration.
Compliance with registration.
No person shall be qualified to practice as a teacher unless the person holds a Certificate of Registration issued by the Commission.
Conditions for registration.
A person shall be eligible to be registered as a teacher if the person-
Registration of non citizen teachers
Any person who is not a citizen of Kenya who wishes to be registered as a teacher in accordance with the Act, shall be required to submit to the Commission authenticated copies of the following documents-
Application of registration
A person who qualifies to be registered as a teacher under the Act, may apply to the Commission.
Procedure for Applications
Important Notes for Applicants (TSC Does Not Accept Paper Applications).
Particulars for application of registration (application requirements)
(l)An application for registration shall be in the manner set out in Form A under the First Schedule and shall provide-
(2) An application under paragraph (1) shall be accompanied by -
To be on the safe side, prepare the following;
(3) A person must have pedagogical training to be registered as a teacher.
Issuance of the Certificate of Registration.
The Commission shall upon registration of a teacher issue a certificate of registration to a teacher in the form prescribed under Second Schedule.
Denial of registration
The Commission shall where it declines to register an applicant-
Temporary Teacher REGISTRATION Certificate
(1)The Commission may issue a Temporary Teacher
Registration Certificate to a person who-
(2) The Commission shall upon being satisfied that an applicant under this regulation meets the requirements of registration, issue a Temporary Teacher Registration Certificate in the manner set out in the Third Schedule .
(3) A person who has been issued with a certificate under this regulation shall apply for its renewal after a period of two years from the date of issue
Protocol: How kenyan teachers are supposed to communicate with the teachers service commission (T.s.c)
(1) The contact of the Commission shall be;