Methods the European powers use to acquire colonies in Africa
Name two African Nationalist parties whose leaders attended the Lancaster House conference in London.
African Nationalist parties whose leaders attended the Lancaster House conference in London.
Circumstances which may force the government to limit the and freedom of the individual
Limitations of using written records as a source of African History
Main provisions of the independence constitution of Kenya
The People of Kenya Up To the 19th Century Questions and Answers
(section B)1a) What factors made the cushites migrate into Kenya during thepre – colonial period? (10mks)
b) Explain five results of the migration of the cushites into Kenya during the pre-colonial period. (10mks)
1. Give two factors which led to the migration and settlement of the Iteso into Kenya by 1800.
a) Explain the results of the migration and settlement of the Somali into Kenya by 1800. (7mks)
History Paper 2 1996 Questions and Answers
1. Identify two sources of information which historians use to write the History of Africa (2 mks)
13. Identify two national philosophies which have been used in Kenya since the attainment of independence. (2 mks)
17. Identify two national philosophies used as development strategies in Kenya (2 mks)
14. State one contribution of the ‘Harambee’ movement to the development of health services in Kenya. (1 mk)
15. Identify one national philosophy adopted at independence to promote social justice in Kenya (1mk)
21. (a) State five reasons why the government of Kenya adopted the Sessional Paper No. 10 of 1965. (5 mks)
(b) Explain the social effects of the national philosophies on development in Kenya. (10 mks)
KCSE HISTORY & GOVERNMENT PAPER 1 1996
1. Give two functions of the council of elders among the Akamba during the pre-colonial period.
1. 2005 Q24b: Explain six responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen. (12 marks)
1. Give two functions of the council of elders among the Akamba during the pre –colonial period.(2mks)
15 b) Describe the political organization in Kenya during the pre-colonial period. (8 mks)
Describe two theories about the origin of human beings
Outline the five reasons which made the Nandi resist the imposition of British colonial rule over their territory.
Reasons which made the Nandi resist the imposition of British colonial rule over their territory.
Reason why the 1957 elections are important in the History of Kenya
We must first find out what happened in those elections before we conclude why they were important in the history of Kenya.
The Lyttelton constitution
1. Name two pre- historic sites in Kenya. (2 mks)
2. State two advantages of the discovery of fire by Early Man. (2mks)
1. Identify two ways through which archaeologists obtain information on the history of Kenya. (2 mks)