KCPE PAST PAPERS 2010: HRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following attributes is mainly associated with Lord Buddha?
62. Hindus can best experience Paramatma as Anand by ______
63. which one of the following sense organs is associated with Akash?
64. In which avatar did Lord Vishnu save the human race from the floods?
65. Which one of the following ‘Four Passing Sights” seen by Prince Siddhartha signified liberation?
66. Which one of the following is the achievement of Guru Gobind Singh’?
67. Who among the following personalities tried to prevent the war between the Kaurava and the Pandava?
68. Hanuman travelled from India to Lanka in search of Sita by ___
69. Swami Dayan and Saraswati wrote Satyartha Prakash in order to ____
70. The Sanskar that prepares the youth for the Brahmacharya Ashram is ______
71. The principle of Dharma that helps an individual to achieve mental and spiritual peace is ____
72. When standard seven pupils visited a bakery, they were given a loaf of bread each. Maninder gave half of her loaf to the school watchman. She put into practice the principle of ___
73. The members of the Jam community in Kenya observe the principle of Aparigraha by ___
74. Which one of the following principles would best help a person overcome problems in life?
75. Which one of the following principles will help to promote peace and harmony in a community?
76. Which one of the following Chardham is correctly matched with the direction in which it is located?
77. The Sikh Akhand Path lasts for
78. Which one of the following symbols depicts the four levels of the human soul?
79. Which one of the following days of the Hindu week is dedicated to a star?
80. When Hindus provide medicine to the people infected with HIVAIDS, they practice
81. The Asana which is performed in a lotus position is _____
82. Who among the following personalities practiced Karma Yoga for the liberation of his ancestors?
83. The return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya after fourteen years in exile is celebrated during the festival of ___
84. Which one of the following rituals is not performed during the festival of Holi?
85. Hindus perform Raas and Garba during the Utsav of ____
86. Which one of the following activities in a school would best promote patriotism?
87. During the school holidays. Paresha and Amita engage themselves in the listed below. Which one of them is a social responsibility?
88. Hindus ring the bell upon entering the Mahamandap of a Mandir in order to ____
89. Who among the following religious leaders is not honoured in the Navakar Mantra?
90. The festival of Maha Shivratri is celebrated in the month of _____
kcpe past papers 2010: ire questions & answers
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following is a teaching from Surah Nasr?
62. Which one of the following Surahs teaches that man is at a loss except those who have faith and do righteous deeds?
63. Which one of the following verses from the Quran is found in Surah al-Kauthar?
64. In which of the following Surahs is man said to be ungrateful and in love with wealth?
65. The ldd-ul-adh-ha prayer is performed on ___
66. When Muslims try to do good and avoid evil, they practice
67. Which one of the following is not a sign of hypocrisy according to the Hadith of the prophet?
68. The Prophet said, “Worship Allah as if you see Him for if you don’t see Him, He sees you.” This Hadith is on
69. The angel who was a teacher to the Prophet (p.b.u.h) is
70. Which one of the following is not a pillar of Iman?
71. An act of wudhu which is sunnah is ____
72. On her way to school, Tasmeena is told that her brother, has been selected to join a national school. She should say:
73. The following are postures of Salat:
74. Muslims are forbidden to fast on
75. The main virtue demonstrated when Muslims pay Zakat is ___
76. An attribute of Allah that describes Him as the Lord of the universe is
77. Islam forbids riba in order to fight against ____
78. Three of the following are reasons why Zinaa is forbidden in Islam. Which one is not?
79. Omar, a class six pupil finds a gold necklace on the school playground. The right course of action for him to take is to _____
80. The best way to show concern for friends who are sick in hospital is by _________
81. The Night of Qadr occurs in the month of
82. According to the treaty of Hudaibiya, the peace between Muslims and the Makkans was to last for ______
83. Which one of the following statements is not true about Abubakar?
84. The first Muslim visitors to the coast of Kenya came as
85. Three of the following developments are attributed to the early Muslim visitors to the East African coast. Which one is not?
86. Who among the following personalities is a prophet?
87. The grand mosque in Makka is also known as ____
88. Aqiqa should he performed when the baby is ___
89. In which one of the following months is Isra-Wal-Miraj celebrated?
90. Which one of the following statements is true about Nabi Yusuf?