Free KCPE Past Papers and Answers 2019
I know you are here because you are looking for the KCPE past papers and their answers in PDF format. Well! Well! You are on the right place and platform.
The Past papers you are seeking are downloadable below and are free and printable. To download answers, check further below or just touch here
The KCPE Past Papers 2018 in PDF
This is a collection of KCPE Past papers 2018 Questions and attached with Answers far below. If you are on the web searching for free KCPE Past papers, Answers and reports for year 2018, then you are on the right site where you can download them for free and in PDF format.
To proceed, check listing below.
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2009: C.R.E QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
PART II: RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
SECTION A CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. From the Biblical stories of creation in Genesis 1 and 2, God created Adam, and Eve to
62. The main reason why Noah built an ark was to make him be able to
63. "Leave your country, your relatives and your father’s home and go to a land that I am going to show you.” (Genesis 12 : 1)
God spoke these words to
64. Which one of the following happenings took place during the night marking the start of the Exodus?
65. Which of the following commandments was broken by the Israelites when they worshipped the golden bull calf at Mount Sinai?
66. Who among the following people was anointed as the first King of Israel?
67. Jerusalem was considered a Jewish religious centre of worship because
68. Who among the following couples were the parents of Prophet Samuel?
69. But the Lord said to me, “Do not say that you are too young, but go to the people I send you to “ (Jeremiah 1 : 7)
The main lesson. Christians learn from this is that
70. Which one of the following happenings took place on the eighth day after Jesus was born?
71. From the incident when King Herod failed to kill baby Jesus, Christians learn that
72. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan. The main lesson Christians learn from this is to
73. Which one of the following statements from the New Testament is a beatitude?
74. The parable of the widow and the judge teaches Christians to ________
75. The main lesson Christians learn from the miracle of the raising of Lazarus is to ______
76. The army officer who saw Jesus dying on the cross described him as a ______
77. The two disciples whom Jesus met after his resurrection were on their way to
78. Which of the following events took place on the day of Pentecost?
79. Who among the following people was chosen to replace Judas as an apostle of Christ?
80. “I see heaven opened and the Son of Man standing at the right side of God”. (Acts 7:56).
These words were spoken by Stephen when he was ___________-
81.What was Saul going to do in Damascus when he was blinded by a strong light? He was going to _______
82. Which one of the following types of worship is common in both Christianity and traditional African religion?
83. Three of the following activities in traditional African Communities show that there is life after death. Which one does not?
84. In Traditional African Communities children are told stories mainly to __________
85. Which one of the following practices would best show how a Christian can care for the environment?
86. Which one of the following ways shows the right use of wealth by Christians?
87. Which one of the following activities by Christian best shows how they can use their day of rest?
88. Which one of the following is a reason why a Christian should take part in group work? To _____
89. While waiting for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education Examination results, Daniel is asked by an old lady for a hand in marriage.
As a Christian the best action to take is to ________________
90. After Agnes, a standard eight pupil, has bought a Kilogram of sugar, the shopkeeper refuses to live her the correct change. As a Christian the best action for her to take is to ___________
SOCIAL STUDIES KCPE PAST PAPERS 2009 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Study the map of RAMALI area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. The natural vegetation found around Kera market is ____
2. The approximate area of cotton farm is
3. River Ramali flows from
4. Which one of the following social services is provided at Pori market?
5. In which one of the following parts of Ramali area are most of the settlements found?
6. The main economic activity carried out in Ramali area is ______
7. The climate of Ramali area can be described as
8. In traditional African societies, the youth were taught moral laws mainly to
9. Which one of the following statements is true about traditional industries during the pre-colonial period?
10. The diagram below represents a physical feature. Use it to answer the question that follows: -
The feature marked X is
11. During the pre-colonial period, the Baganda were ruled by
12. Which one of the following methods of colonial administration was used by the British in Northern Nigeria?
13. in which of the following months is the sun overhead at the equator?
14. The following are functions that were performed by traditional leaders during the pre-colonial, period.
15. Which one of the following groups-of people belong to a nuclear family?
16. Which one of the following communities is CORRECTLY matched with the commodity they traded in during the pre-colonial period?
Community Items of trade
Use the map of Kenya below to answer Questions 17 to 20
17. Which one of the following language groups migrated into Kenya along the route marked H?
18. Which one of the following statements explains why the shaded area marked J is densely populated?
19. The country marked K is ____
20. Which one of the following statements is true about the river marked L?
21. The best way to ensure that the school is kept clean all the time is by
22. The following statements describe a prominent traditional Kenyan leader.
23. Which group of characteristics shown below describes the equatorial vegetation?
24. The main contribution of petroleum to the economy on Nigeria is that it has led to
25. Below are some ways used for predicting the coming of a rainy season.
26. Who among the following African leaders resisted the establishment of French Colonial rule?
27.Which one of the following countries is correctly matched with its capital city?
Country Capital city
28. Three of the following are problems experienced by farmers in Mwea — Tebere Irrigation Scheme. Which one is not?
29. Horticultural farming in Kenya is different from that in the Netherlands in that____
30. Aku, your classmate, has been performing poorly in class because she learnt that her parents are HIV positive. Which one of the following is the best action for you to take to help Aku?
31.The diagram below represents a method used to conserve soil.
The method represented in the diagram above Is
32. Game reserves have been established in Kenya mainly to
33. The following are some historical events that have taken place since independence.
34. The main reason why the United Nations (UN) was formed was to
35. Three of the following statements are true about the Tswana pastoralists. Which one is not?
36.Which one of the following was a result of settler farming in Kenya?
37. Which one of the following is NOT a function of the body in charge of elections in Kenya?
38: Which one of the following groups of countries formed the East-African Community in 1967?
39. Which one of the following cash crops is commonly grown in Zanzibar?
40. Three of the following are roles of political parties in a democracy. Which one is not?
41. Fresh flowers from Kenya are exported to Europe by air because air transport is
42. In Kenya, a national population census is carried out after a period of
43. A pupil has been told by the parents to help in fetching water for sale instead of attending school. The best action for the pupil to take is to ____
44. The Harambee movement in Kenya has led to ___
45. One of the problems affecting fishing in Lake Victoria is that _____
46. Which one of the following is the reason why Madaraka Day is celebrated in Kenya?
47. Which one of the following statements is true of both Julius Nyerere of Tanzania and Haile Selassie of Ethiopia?
48. Which one of the following tourist attractions in Africa is correctly matched with the country where it is found?
Tourist attraction Country
49. Which one of the following is a role of the school management committee in public primary schools in Kenya?
50. Which one of the following is a requirement for a person who wishes to be elected as a member of parliament in Kenya?
The person should be ____
51. Which one of the following places is the safest for pupils to cross the road?
52. Which one of the following groups of industries consists of service industries?
53. Which one of the following government officers is correctly matched with the right responsibility?
Government officer Responsibilities
54. In Kenya, civil marriages are conducted by
55. A foreigner living in Kenya may enjoy the following rights except.
56. ln Kenya, fluorspar is mined through
57. The best way through which protects can help he other pupils to become responsible citizens is by .
58. One of the functions of local authorities in Kenya is to _________________
59. Three of the following are ways through which national unity can be promoted ¡n Kenya.
Which one is not?
60. Which one of the following is a function of parliament in Kenya?
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2008: HRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
SECTION C HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following elements of Panch Mahahoot is invoked by the ringing of the bell during the performance of Aarti?
62. Shabari tasted the berries before giving them to Lord Rama. Rama took the berries and ate them. This action by Rama shows that Paramatma is ________
63. The main function of Lord Shiva is to ___
64. Which one of the following statements is not true about Lord Mahavir?
65. Which one of the following is the main reason why Lord Krishna supported the Pandav in the war of Kurukshetra?
66. Guru Teg Bahadur was given the title of Hind ki Chadar because he ___
67. In which one of the following scriptures are the brave actions of Hanuman described?
68. Which one of the following religious movements follows the teachings of Satyarth Prakash?
69. A similarity between Dhammapada and Mahabharata is that both
70. The Kenyan Constitution has given the freedom of worship to all its citizens. This has helped to create harmony among different religions. This is in keeping with the Jam principle of ____
71. Three of the following are reasons why Sikhs practise Naam Japna. Which one is not?
72. The Principle of Dharma that teaches boys and girls to abstain from sex until they get married is
73. Anita and Suhhash used to argue over which television channel to watch. Their mother advised them to watch the channels in turns. The mother taught them the importance of
74. Who among the following Goddesses sits on a lotus and carries one in her hand?
75. Which one of the following Kakars worn by the Sikhs signifies self control?
76. The Hindu sanskar which is administered to students in order to commence formal education is ___
77. During puja, Jams draw the symbol of Swastika on the floor using __________
78. Which one of the following prayers is sung during a Hindu Satsang?
79. Which one of the following utsav is celebrated on Vaisakhi Purnima?
80. Which one of the following events in Lord Mahavir’s life is celebrated during the festival of Diwali?
81. Which one of the following is a reason why Sikhs celebrate Vaisakhi?
82. The Utsav of Guru Purnima is celebrated to honour
83. Three of the following are qualities required of a student wishing to pursue Jnana Yoga. Which one is not?
84. Each Yoga session ends with the
85. Anjali, a standard eight pupil, has been telling Mita that she is unhappy with her parents because they refuse to allow her to go out and play with her friends. The best advice that Mita can give to Anjali is to ___
86. While playing cricket, Hritik accidentally broke a window pane of his neighbour's house. Hritik went and apologized to the neighbour. This act of Hritik shows that he is _____
87. According to Hindu belief, the existing universe will be dissolved by the end of
88. During which season do Jam Sadhu and Sadhavi remain indoors and meditate?
89. Who among the following Karmayogi worked for the improvement of the status of women?
90. Which one of the following national utsav is celebrated by Hindus in Kenya to honour those who fought for Kenya’s independence?
KCPE PAST PAPER 2008: IRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following verses is taken from Surah Quraish?
62. Which one of the following attributes of Allah is mentioned in Suratul Ikhlas?
63. Which one of the following Surahs condemns slanderers and backbiters
64. The main lesson that Muslims can learn from the Episode of the Elephant narrated in Surah Al-Fil is that
65. Which one of the following is a teaching from Surah AI-AIaq?
66. The name of the Kaaba which is not mentioned in the Qur’an is
67. Who among the following prophets was thrown into a burning fire?
68. According to the teaching of the Prophet (p.b.u.h), the unforgivable sin is
69. Which one of the following phrases is in both the Kalima and the Tashahu?
70. ‘Paradise ties under the feet of ……..“. Which one of the following words completes the quoted Hadith of the Prophet?
71. According to the teaching of the Prophet (p.b.u.h), Yarhamukallah should be said when a person
72. Who among the following categories of people is not a recipient of zakat?
73. On which ones of the following two s of the week should Muslims observe sunnah fast?
74. The following are rituals performed for a dead person:
75. The beginning of the Islamic Calendar is based on
76. Which one of the following rituals is common to both Hajj and Umrah?
77. Which one of the following acts of wudhu is not fardh?
78. Which one of the following is an example of sadaqa?
79. Which one of the following is the fundamental pillar of Iman?
80. The main reason why Muslims offer greetings before other utterances is because
81. Three of the following statements are true about what will happen on the Day of Judgment.
Which one is not?
82. When collecting information about the Angels of Allah, Amina a class six pupil. wrote the sentences listed below Which one of them is false?
83. Which one of the following statements is not true about eddat?
84. During Lailatul - Isra — wal — Miraj the Prophet (p.b.u.h) was commanded to
85. The most important activity during Milad — un — Nabi celebrations should be
86. Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) was buried in
87. The main lesson that Muslims learnt from the battle of Uhud was that
88. The first outsiders to visit the east coast of Africa were
89. Who among the following prophets is not Ulul Azm?
90. When going home after attending prayers at the mosque, your classmate Said tells you that he put on somebody else’s shoes by mistake.
The right advice that you would give him is to
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2008 FOR CRE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
PART II RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
SECTION A: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following was a result of the disobedience of human beings in the garden of Eden?
They were to
62. God punished the people during the time of Noah by sending
63. The main lesson Christians learn from the call of Abraham by God is that they should be
64. During the Passover night, the Israelites were to eat bitter herbs to show
65. A problem faced by the Israelites during the exodus was lack of
66. Which one of the following qualities of leadership was mainly shown by David when he fought Goliath?
67. Which one of the following sins was committed by King Solomon? He
68. Which one of the following miracles was performed by both prophet Elijah and Elisha?
69. Jeremiah refused to accept the call to become a prophet of God because he felt he was
70. Which one of the following activities is correctly matched with the people who performed it during the early life of Jesus?
71. Joseph and Mary took baby Jesus to Egypt because
72. Which one of the following parables of Jesus encourages Christians to bring members back to church? The parable of the
73. “The son of man is the Lord of the Sabbath.’ (Luke 6:5).
Those words were spoken by Jesus when
74. The main lesson Christians learn from the healing of the man with demons is that Jesus
75. The main lesson Christians learn from the teaching of Jesus on wealth is that it should be
76. Which one of the following events took place when Jesus was at the garden of Gethsemane? Jesus was ____
77. A lesson Christians learn about Jesus from Cleopas and his friend on their way to Emmaus is that Jesus
78. On the day of Pentecost people spoke in many languages because they
79. Which one of the following statements is true about Ananias and Sapphira? They
80. During the time of the early church, the apostles were assisted to share money among the believers by
81. Which one of the following acts of worship was done by Paul and Silas when they were in prison? They
82. Which one of the following beliefs about God is found m both traditional African communities and in the Apostles’ Creed? God
83. Gifts are given to a couple during the wedding in both traditional African communities and Christianity mainly to
84. Who among the following people were not specialist in traditional African communities?
85. The best way a Christian can show respect for authority is by
86. Your desk-mate tells you that he has a fifty shilling note which he picked from his friend’s school bag.
As a Christian what advice would you give him? Tell him to ___
87. After assisting his mother with kitchen work, Tom realizes that he has some extra time. As a Christian the best way to spend it is by
88. Nancy, a standard six pupil, is lazy and does not complete her class work. I-low best would you help her overcome this problem?
89. Jane. a Standard Eight pupil, is being forced to get married by her parents before she sits for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examination. As a Christian what action should she take? She should ___
90. Which one of the following actions does not lead to the spread of HIV AIDS?
KCPE PAST PAPER FOR SOCIAL STUDIES 2008 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
PART I SOCIAL STUDIES
Study the map of MINA area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. The length of the railway from the level crossing to the edge of the map is approximately
2. The general direction of flow of River Mina ¡s
3. Which one of the following types of soil is likely to be commonly found ¡n Gola sub-location?
4. The main factor that may have influenced the setting up of a cattle ranch in Pone sub-location is the availability of
5. In Mina Area, there are permanent settlements in all the sub-locations except
6. What evidence in the map shows that Mina Town is an administrative centre? Presence of
7. Which one of the following is the main source of revenue for Mina Urban Council?
8. Which one of the following was the title given to the ruler of Buganda Kingdom in the 19th century?
9. Which one of the following minerals is used for making glass?
10. Nairobi is cooler than Mombasa because
11. Who among the following traditional Kenyan leaders collaborated with the British during the establishment of colonial rule?
12. The diagram below represents a method of fishing.
The fishing method shown in the diagram is
13. Which one of the following was the function of the council of elders among the Ameru during the pre-colonial period?
14. In Kenya, a parliamentary bill becomes law only when it has been signed by
15. Below are some modem means of communication:
16. Which one of the following statement is true about small scale farming in Kenya?
17. Which one of the following statements correctly describes the social organization of the San during the pre-colonial period?
18. Which one of the following countries in Africa is correctly matched with its capital city?
Country Capital city
19. Which one of the following is a function of a primary school management committee?
20. The Eastern Bantu dispersed from Shungwaya during the pre-colonial period mainly because
21. Which one of the following is the main effect of destruction of forests on the slopes of Mt. Kenya?
22. Where was the first Christian mission station in Kenya established in the 19th century?
23. The darn marked P was built mainly to
24. The ocean current that influences the climate of the area marked Q is
25. The countries marked R and S were colonized by
26. The island marked T is
27. In Old Ghana, the king was succeeded by
28. The best way to control sheet erosion is by_____
29. Who among the following leaders in Tanganyika united the Africans during the Maji Maji rebellion?
30. Which one of the following cultural practices did the Abaluyia borrow from the Luo as they interacted during the pre-colonial period?
31. Which one of the following statements is true about the free range method of chicken rearing?
32. The imperial British East Africa Company stopped administering Kenya because
33. Leo has found out that his classmate Joni is living with HIV and the condition is affecting his learning. The right action for Leo to take is to ___
34. Olorgesaille and Kariandusi are both
35. Mama wishes to set up a Jua Kali industry. Which one of the following is the main factor that would influence the choice of location?
36. In traditional African communities, the basic unit of social organization was
37. Which one of the following was the main reason why the British built the Uganda railway?
38. which one of the following groups of crops in Kenya is grown mainly in plantations?
39. The method used by the Portuguese to administer Mozambique was
40. Below are ways of acquiring skills of treating the sick:
41. One of the duties of African chiefs in Kenya during the colonial period was to
42. The main problem limiting trade among African countries ¡s that
43. Which one of the following groups of mountains in Africa are block mountains?
44. Which one of the following is the main reason why caning of pupils in school was banned in Kenya?
45. Which one of the following would be the best way of controlling rapid population growth in towns in Kenya?
46. Which one of the following was the main reason why proverbs were used in teaching the youth in traditional African communities?
47. Which one of the following groups of countries in Africa got assistance from the Organization of African Unity (OAU) to achieve independence?
48. Thika has grown to an important town mainly because
49. which one of the following became the title of the Head of State in Kenya when the country was declared a republic?
50. Three of the following are benefits resulting from setting up of Perkerra Irrigation Scheme.
Which one is not?
51. A vehicle has overturned near your school arid the driver has a deep cut on the leg. Which one of the following would be the immediate action for you to take to help the driver?
52. Which one of the following courts in Kenya deals with cases involving people under 18 years of age?
53. Below are characteristics of a type of climate in Africa.
54. Which one of the following is a service industry?
55. Which one of the following statements is true of both the Tswana and the Fulani?
56. Three of the following are benefits of democracy. Which one is not?
57. Most of the horticultural products from Kenya are exported by
58. Mzee Jasho has shared his piece of land among his children. A dispute arises over the different sizes of land that they have been given. The best way for Mzee Jasho lo settle the dispute is by
59. A foreigner who wishes to become a citizen of Kenya is required to obtain
60. The reason why the Kenya National Anthem is important is that
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007 H.R.E QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
SECTION C: HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. The sound of AUM at the beginning of a Hindu prayer signifies that Paramatma is
62. Which one of the following boxes contains the qualities of Paramatma as Satchitanand
63. The quality of Paramatma demonstrated in the personality of Veda Vyasa is
64. In which avatar did Lord Vishnu assist the Deva and Danava to get amrit from the ocean?
65. Which one of the following practices was opposed by Lord Buddha?
66. Which one of the following scriptures teaches morals through simple stories?
67. Which one of the following statements is not true about Sita?
68. Which one of the following scriptures contains the teachings of Lord Buddha?
69. who among the following personalities preached the principle of Anekantvad
70. Swami Dayanand came to know that his cook had served him with poisoned food. He told the cook to run away to avoid being punished by the King. Swami Dayanand practiced the principle of
71. The Sikhs practise the principle of Wand ke Chakhana in a Gurudwara when they
72. During the Vivaha Sanskar, the bride and the groom take a vow to share the ups and downs in their family. This is an expression of
73. The Jam principle that would best help in the fight against corruption is
74. The following are steps of a ritual performed when visiting a Mandir:
75. Which one of the following Kakars is a symbol of unity among the Sikhs?
76. What do Jams apply on their foreheads when visiting a Derasar?
77. Which one of the following is a Jam place of pilgrimage?
78. The following are events commemorated during a Hindu festival:
79. Which one of the following scriptures is read during the festival of Paryushan?
80. Which one of the following festivals is celebrated to mark the victory of good over evil?
81. Which one of the following symbols is associated with Tirthankar Neminath?
82. Who among the following personalities practised Karma Yoga?
83. Shavasana is practised in order to
84. When is Surya Namaskar performed?
85. Which one of the following yoga helps an individual develop complete faith in and loyalty to Paramatma?
86. Which one of the following principles if practised would help in the tight against the spread of HIV/AIDS?
87. Each morning, Vishal and Kalyani touch the feet of their parents. This is mainly a sign of
88. Hindus donate foodstuffs to the victims of the drought.
This act demonstrates the principle of
89. Which one of the following festivals is celebrated during the Varsha Ritu?
90. Which one of the following days of the week is correctly matched with the corresponding planet.
Day of the week Planet
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007 IRE PAST PAPERS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
61. Which one of the following verses from the Qur’an is found in Surah An-Nas?
62. People who are busy accumulating wealth and forgetting the punishment of disobeying Allah are mentioned in Surah
63. Which one of the following is a leaching of Surah Adiyat?
64. The Surah which must be recited by Muslims seventeen times in one day is
65. Which one of the following surahs teaches that Allah provides food and security?
66. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “None of you believe until you do to your brother what you would like done to you.”
This Hadith is about
67. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “He is not among us who eats and fills up his stomach while his neighbour is hungry.” The main teaching of this hadith is:
68. Which one of the following Statements is true about a genuine Hadith?
69. Three of the following are pillars of Salai, which one is not?
70. When is Tahiyattul Masjid performed?
71. Which one of the following acts nullifies Saum?
72. Which one of the following places is not a station of Hajj
73. Which one of the following items is liable for Zakat?
74. A person converting to Islam is required to
75. The most important teaching about the belief in Yaumul Qiyama is that it is a day when
76. Three of the following are names of angels, which one is not?
77. Which one of the following acts is most likely to lead to corruption?
78. Islam forbids the hoarding of goods in order to fight against
79. Which one of the following phrases is used by Muslims to console the bereaved members of a family?
80. Asiya’s friend Mariam has not come to school because her mother is sick. The best course of action for Asiya to take is to
81. Yusuf, a standard seven pupil borrowed a book from his friend Hassan, but before he could give it back, Hassan was transferred to another school. The right course of action for Yusuf to take is to
82. Which one of the following is a duty of Muslims to their neighbours?
83. Which one of the following is the best way of celebrating Idd-ul-fitr?
84. Which one of the following is the first ritual to be performed when a baby boy is born?
85. Which one of the following events took place in the month of Muharram?
86. The main reason why the Quraish rejected the message of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) is that
87. According to the terms of the treaty of Hudaibiya, the peace between the Muslims arid the Quraish was to last for
88. The early Muslims settled along the coast of Kenya in order to
89. Which one of the following statements is true about Prophet Nub (A.S)?
90. Which one of (he following religions is correctly matched with Its place of worship?
Religion Place of worship