KCPE PAST PAPERS 2010: HRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following attributes is mainly associated with Lord Buddha?
62. Hindus can best experience Paramatma as Anand by ______
63. which one of the following sense organs is associated with Akash?
64. In which avatar did Lord Vishnu save the human race from the floods?
65. Which one of the following ‘Four Passing Sights” seen by Prince Siddhartha signified liberation?
66. Which one of the following is the achievement of Guru Gobind Singh’?
67. Who among the following personalities tried to prevent the war between the Kaurava and the Pandava?
68. Hanuman travelled from India to Lanka in search of Sita by ___
69. Swami Dayan and Saraswati wrote Satyartha Prakash in order to ____
70. The Sanskar that prepares the youth for the Brahmacharya Ashram is ______
71. The principle of Dharma that helps an individual to achieve mental and spiritual peace is ____
72. When standard seven pupils visited a bakery, they were given a loaf of bread each. Maninder gave half of her loaf to the school watchman. She put into practice the principle of ___
73. The members of the Jam community in Kenya observe the principle of Aparigraha by ___
74. Which one of the following principles would best help a person overcome problems in life?
75. Which one of the following principles will help to promote peace and harmony in a community?
76. Which one of the following Chardham is correctly matched with the direction in which it is located?
77. The Sikh Akhand Path lasts for
78. Which one of the following symbols depicts the four levels of the human soul?
79. Which one of the following days of the Hindu week is dedicated to a star?
80. When Hindus provide medicine to the people infected with HIVAIDS, they practice
81. The Asana which is performed in a lotus position is _____
82. Who among the following personalities practiced Karma Yoga for the liberation of his ancestors?
83. The return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya after fourteen years in exile is celebrated during the festival of ___
84. Which one of the following rituals is not performed during the festival of Holi?
85. Hindus perform Raas and Garba during the Utsav of ____
86. Which one of the following activities in a school would best promote patriotism?
87. During the school holidays. Paresha and Amita engage themselves in the listed below. Which one of them is a social responsibility?
88. Hindus ring the bell upon entering the Mahamandap of a Mandir in order to ____
89. Who among the following religious leaders is not honoured in the Navakar Mantra?
90. The festival of Maha Shivratri is celebrated in the month of _____
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2008: HRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
SECTION C HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following elements of Panch Mahahoot is invoked by the ringing of the bell during the performance of Aarti?
62. Shabari tasted the berries before giving them to Lord Rama. Rama took the berries and ate them. This action by Rama shows that Paramatma is ________
63. The main function of Lord Shiva is to ___
64. Which one of the following statements is not true about Lord Mahavir?
65. Which one of the following is the main reason why Lord Krishna supported the Pandav in the war of Kurukshetra?
66. Guru Teg Bahadur was given the title of Hind ki Chadar because he ___
67. In which one of the following scriptures are the brave actions of Hanuman described?
68. Which one of the following religious movements follows the teachings of Satyarth Prakash?
69. A similarity between Dhammapada and Mahabharata is that both
70. The Kenyan Constitution has given the freedom of worship to all its citizens. This has helped to create harmony among different religions. This is in keeping with the Jam principle of ____
71. Three of the following are reasons why Sikhs practise Naam Japna. Which one is not?
72. The Principle of Dharma that teaches boys and girls to abstain from sex until they get married is
73. Anita and Suhhash used to argue over which television channel to watch. Their mother advised them to watch the channels in turns. The mother taught them the importance of
74. Who among the following Goddesses sits on a lotus and carries one in her hand?
75. Which one of the following Kakars worn by the Sikhs signifies self control?
76. The Hindu sanskar which is administered to students in order to commence formal education is ___
77. During puja, Jams draw the symbol of Swastika on the floor using __________
78. Which one of the following prayers is sung during a Hindu Satsang?
79. Which one of the following utsav is celebrated on Vaisakhi Purnima?
80. Which one of the following events in Lord Mahavir’s life is celebrated during the festival of Diwali?
81. Which one of the following is a reason why Sikhs celebrate Vaisakhi?
82. The Utsav of Guru Purnima is celebrated to honour
83. Three of the following are qualities required of a student wishing to pursue Jnana Yoga. Which one is not?
84. Each Yoga session ends with the
85. Anjali, a standard eight pupil, has been telling Mita that she is unhappy with her parents because they refuse to allow her to go out and play with her friends. The best advice that Mita can give to Anjali is to ___
86. While playing cricket, Hritik accidentally broke a window pane of his neighbour's house. Hritik went and apologized to the neighbour. This act of Hritik shows that he is _____
87. According to Hindu belief, the existing universe will be dissolved by the end of
88. During which season do Jam Sadhu and Sadhavi remain indoors and meditate?
89. Who among the following Karmayogi worked for the improvement of the status of women?
90. Which one of the following national utsav is celebrated by Hindus in Kenya to honour those who fought for Kenya’s independence?
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007 H.R.E QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
SECTION C: HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. The sound of AUM at the beginning of a Hindu prayer signifies that Paramatma is
62. Which one of the following boxes contains the qualities of Paramatma as Satchitanand
63. The quality of Paramatma demonstrated in the personality of Veda Vyasa is
64. In which avatar did Lord Vishnu assist the Deva and Danava to get amrit from the ocean?
65. Which one of the following practices was opposed by Lord Buddha?
66. Which one of the following scriptures teaches morals through simple stories?
67. Which one of the following statements is not true about Sita?
68. Which one of the following scriptures contains the teachings of Lord Buddha?
69. who among the following personalities preached the principle of Anekantvad
70. Swami Dayanand came to know that his cook had served him with poisoned food. He told the cook to run away to avoid being punished by the King. Swami Dayanand practiced the principle of
71. The Sikhs practise the principle of Wand ke Chakhana in a Gurudwara when they
72. During the Vivaha Sanskar, the bride and the groom take a vow to share the ups and downs in their family. This is an expression of
73. The Jam principle that would best help in the fight against corruption is
74. The following are steps of a ritual performed when visiting a Mandir:
75. Which one of the following Kakars is a symbol of unity among the Sikhs?
76. What do Jams apply on their foreheads when visiting a Derasar?
77. Which one of the following is a Jam place of pilgrimage?
78. The following are events commemorated during a Hindu festival:
79. Which one of the following scriptures is read during the festival of Paryushan?
80. Which one of the following festivals is celebrated to mark the victory of good over evil?
81. Which one of the following symbols is associated with Tirthankar Neminath?
82. Who among the following personalities practised Karma Yoga?
83. Shavasana is practised in order to
84. When is Surya Namaskar performed?
85. Which one of the following yoga helps an individual develop complete faith in and loyalty to Paramatma?
86. Which one of the following principles if practised would help in the tight against the spread of HIV/AIDS?
87. Each morning, Vishal and Kalyani touch the feet of their parents. This is mainly a sign of
88. Hindus donate foodstuffs to the victims of the drought.
This act demonstrates the principle of
89. Which one of the following festivals is celebrated during the Varsha Ritu?
90. Which one of the following days of the week is correctly matched with the corresponding planet.
Day of the week Planet
SECTION C: HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
KCSE PAST PAPERS 2006 HRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
61. Which one of the following Panch Mahabhoot enables one to experience the Sagun Sakar Parmatma?
62. On his rerurn from his visit to Lord Krishna, Sudama found that his hut had turned into a
63. Who among the following saints founded the ‘Swami Narayan Panth?
64. Vardhaman was given the title of “Mahavir” because he
65. Adi Shankaracharya preached that
66. Guru Dhronacharya sent two of his students to look for a virtuous person in the city of Hastinapur. They were
67. The turning point in the life of Valiya the robber came when
68. When Rama, Sita and Laxman reached Dandakaranya, at the start of their exile. Bharat followed them in order to
69. After the battle of Kurukshetra, Bhishma stayed alive for six months on a bed of
70. Which one of the following sicknesses can be prevented by observing the principle of sheel?
71. Which one of the following principles is correctly matched with its practice?
72. According to Lord Buddha, the root cause of suffering is
73. Hindus observe Shraadh in Pitrupaksha by
74. The Sikhs recite Moot Mantra in order to
75. Hindu performs the five yajnas during the Ashram of
76. Which one of the following Mantra pays respect to Acharya?
77. Moving a plate of Aarti clockwise, in front of a Muni signifies
78. Which one of the following parts of the Jam Swastika symbolises liberation?
79. The following statements describe a Hindu Sanskar:
80. On the forth day of Paryushan Parva, Jains celebrate the Janamdin of
81. Which one of the following pairs of items is offered to the sacred fire during Holi Utsav?
82. who among the following personalities mainly practised Bhakti Yoga?
83. “Whatever you do, do it as a selfless offering to me,” Which one of the following Yoga did Lord Krishna preach to Arjun when he said this?
84. The following are steps of performing a Yogasana:
85. Afya Primary School has started a project to help the elderly people in the community. Which one of the following Sadachar is demonstrated by this action?
86. Shefali, who has a habit of stealing, was caught taking a pen from Amrita’s bag. Amrita can help Shefali stop this habit by
87. Which one of the following activities by Hindus would best promote religious harmony in Kenya?
88. According to the Hindu calendar, Adhik Maas occurs every
89. The presiding deity in the Tìrthakshetra of Rameshwaram, Badrinath and Somnath is
90. The following statements describe a Sikh Tirthakshetra: