christian religious education k.c.p.e 2004 questions with answers
61. Which one of the following is the main reason why God created Eve? He wanted her to
62. Which one of the following is a lesson that Christians learn from the story of Joseph in prison?
63. God led the people of Israel through the wilderness to the Promised Land by use of
64. Which one among the following activities did Joshua carry out during the Exodus?
65. Which one of the following is the main reason why the Israelites celebrated the Passover? It reminded them of ____
66. David is remembered as a great king of Israel because he .
67. The main reason why King Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem was .
68. Who among the following people was a priest when Samuel was called by God?
69. Who among the following prophets refers to the Messiah as “the Prince of Peace”?
70. Who among the following people visited baby Jesus?
71. Who among the following people wore in the temple when Jesus was dedicated to God?
72. During the baptism of Jesus, a voice was heard from heaven saying that
73. Which one of the following parables of Jesus teaches about forgiveness? The parable of the
74. Jesus performed miracles mainly to show that He had _____
75. “I promise you that today you will be in paradise with me.” (Luke 23: 43) Jesus said these words when he was
76. After the resurrection of Jesus, he told his disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit who would help them to _________
77. The resurrection of Jesus teaches Christians to be _________________
78. Which one of the following is a reason why Stephen was stoned to death? He ______
79. Which one of the following New Testament books is a gospel?
80. Three of the following activities in the early church demonstrated unity among the believers. Which one does not?
81. During worship, offerings are given in both Christianity and traditional African communities as a way of showing
82. The main virtue expected of the youth after initiation in traditional African communities is _________
83. Which one of the following marriage practices is found both in Christianity and traditional African communities?
84. Which one of the following practices is carried out in traditional African communities to remember the dead?
85. Which one of the following best shows how Christians are helping to reduce the spread of HIV and Aids?
86. Mark, your deskmate hides his Christian Religious Education textbook from you. As a Christian what action would you take?
87. Susan has been given a thousand shillings by her father. As a Christian the best way to spend this money is to __________
88. According to Christian teaching, leisure time can best be spent in
89. Tom. your classmate has a dirty uniform which he has refused to wash because he says that it is not his duty. As a Christian what advice would you give him? Tell him ______
90. Which one of the following mission stations Kenya was started as a colony for freed slaves?
KCPE 2004 SOCIAL STUDIES
1. The natural vegetation found in the south western part of Loti area is_____________
2. Lofi town serves mainly as __________
3. What is the approximate length of the telephone line from the point where it crosses Lango road to the south-eastern edge of the map?
4. What evidence on the map shows that there is likely to be security in Loll town?
5. According to the information on the map, three of the following statements are true.
Which one is not?
6 The main factor that may influence the setting up of posho mill at Pili market is the availability of ___
7. Which two religions are practiced in Lofi area?
8. Which one of the following communities in Kenya make up the Plain Nilotes?
9. Which one of the following describes the position of the Old Ghana Kingdom?
10. The Khoikhoi chiefs had little power mainly because
11. Meru town receives more rainfall than Nanyuki town because ________ .
12. Below are statements about a river in Africa
13. In which two of the following months is the sun overhead at the equator?
14. Which one of the following mountains was formed as a result of faulting?
Study the diagram below and use It to answer question 15.
15. The diagram illustrates the formation of a_________
16. Samori Toure signed the Peace Treaty of Bissandugu with the French in order to___________
17. Which one of the following groups of factors led to the Mail Maji uprising in 1905?
18. Which one of the following stages shows the correct order of becoming an elder in traditional African communities?
19. Frente de liberatacao de Mozambique (FRELIMO) was formed in Mozambique mainly to________
Below Is a diagram showing a method of fishing. Use it to answer question 20.
20. The fishing method shown in the diagram is
21. Which one of the following statements is true about bananas in Somalia? They are __________
22. The main reason for establishing the Volta River project in Ghana was to
23. The Central part of Tanzania is unsuitable for dairy farming mainly because the area
24. From which direction did the Bantu enter into Eastern Africa?
25. Which one of the following is a function of Kenya Cooperative Creameries (KCC)?
26. The party that led South Africa to its independence in 1994 was ________
27. Which one of the following is an economic use of the soil?
28. Which one of the following towns in Kenya is important mining centre?
29. Which one of the following means of communication was used to pass information to distant places in traditional African societies?
30. Three of the following were achievements of Gamel Abdel Nasser of Egypt. Which one was not?
31. Which one of the following reasons least explains why corruption should be wiped out in Kenya.
32. During the pre-colonial period, African communities protected their homes against enemies mainly by .
33. Among the Agikuyu, people who were initiated together formed .
34. Which one of the following Kenyan Communities is correctly matched with its leader during the process of British occupation?
35. Which one of the following statements is not true about planted forests in Kenya?
36. The main function of a school in Kenya is to
37. The reason why naming ceremonies were held among the traditional African communities was that they .
38. Flowers are exported by air mainly because they .
38. Flowers are exported by air mainly because they __________________
39. Below are three communities in Kenya:
Use the map of Africa below to answer questions 40 to 44
40. The Island marked P is __________--
41 . The major crop grown in the region marked Q is _______________
42. Which of the following statements is true about the ocean current labelled R? The ocean current .
43. The country marked S is _______________
44. The mineral mined at the place marked T is
45. Which one of the following gives the correct order in which the ancestors of the Luo came to Kenya?
46. The role of the head teacher in the school committee is to ________
47. One may become a Kenyan citizen through
48. Which one of the following is the main function of the armed forces in Kenya?
49.During the pre-colonial period, the youth learnt to be good citizens mainly by
50. In traditional African societies, the people who could foretell future events were called
51. The main reason why people in Kenya are counted every ten years is to ________________
52. Which one of the following events took place in Kenya in 1991?
53. The stages through which a bill becomes law are called __________________
54. The most senior civil servant in a government ministry in Kenya is the ______________
55. In Kenya. the rights of an individual are guaranteed by the _____________
56. The main economic activity of people living in cold deserts is __________________
57. The best way of encouraging people in Kenya to be Jaw abiding Is by ________________
58. The traditional system of government in Somalia was based on _________________
59. Which one of the following officers advises the Government of Kenya on legal matters?
60. Three of the following are powers of the President of Kenya. Which one is not?
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2004 SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Which one of the following sources of energy is non-renewable?
If the size of the hole in a pinhole camera is increased, the image formed id?
A stone at the bottom of a pond appears nearer the surface due to
Which one of the following shows the correct order of the parts in the human eye through which light passes?
Which. one of the following parts of a passion plant is modified for climbing?
Which one of the following waste materials is not a product of excretion?
Which one of the following describes cross-pollination?
The chart below represents approximate percentage of the components of air.
Which portion represents the gas that is necessary for burning?
Which one of the following activities is correct when comparing the strength of acids in fruit juices to ash solution add
The diagram below represents a set up that is used to demonstrate a certain property of air
The demonstration shows that air __________________
Which one of the following statements about a wind vane is NOT TRUE?
In the diagram below P, Q, R and S represent different layers of materials in a water filter.
Which one of the following materials CANNOT be recycled?
Which one of the following pairs of machines consists of levers only?
Clothes on a clothesline took too long to dry.
The weather was most likely .
Standard five pupils observed a flower with brightly coloured petals in their compound.
Which one of the following is likely to be the other characteristics of that flower?
Which one of the following statements about blood circulation is TRUE?
Which one of the following is a part of the embryo of a seed?
Which one of the following is NOT important to consider when taking medicine?
Which one of the following characteristics is TRUE for both plants and animals? They
Which one of the following practices is used for controlling pollution in soil, water and air?
In which of the following cases is friction both an advantage and a disadvantage?
Coins were arranged in a pile as shown in the diagram below
When the coin at the bottom was knocked out suddenly using a ruler, it moved out leaving the pile intact. The pile remained intact because of
An inclined plane makes work easier by
Which one of the following is NOT important when comparing solubility of solids in a liquid?
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2004 SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
After the incubation period the chick comes out of the shell by
Some curative drugs are also called.
A jar used of measuring rainfall should be
Which one of the following statements about adaptations in animals is NOT CORRECT?
Which one of the following is formed first after fertilization?
Which one of the following DOES NOT increase the strength of an electromagnet? Increasing the
A change in the force of gravity on an object will change its
In which one of the following machines is the effort equal to the load and the effort distance equal to the load distance?
The force that acts on a given area is called
Which of the following properties of clay soil would greatly contribute to flooding in an area?
The main reason why sandy soil is mixed with cement in building is because it
When choosing a method of separating a mixture of liquid and a solid it is important to consider the
Which one of the following is NOT definite for liquids?
In feeding relationships, mice belong to the same group as
The table below shows parts of the human digestive system and their functions
The following were reasons given by pupils to explain why smoke rises. It
(i) Has hot air in it
(ii) Is less dense
(iii) Has particles suspended in air
(iv) is cloudy
Which TWO reasons are correct?
A one metre long piece of wood floats on water while a one centimetre long piece of iron rod sinks. This is because of difference In
The diagram below represents a fishing rod with points labeled P, Q, R and S.
When in use the fulcrum is at point
The table below shows observations made when four soils samples P, Q, R and S were mixed with water and then rolled out to make ribbons
Soil sample Characteristic
P Held its shape.
Q Cracked .
R could not be rolled
S could not hold its shape.
Which one of he samples has the lowest capillarity?
Which one of the following drugs causes drowsiness when abused?
The diagram below represents an improvised liquid thermometer.
Which one of the following improvements would make the instrument measure smaller changes in temperature?
The chart below shows a simple classification of small animals.
Which one of the following practices helps to conserve soil by preventing soil erosion?
Which one of the following pairs of processes involves absorption of heat from the surrounding?
The diagram below shows the beak of a certain bird.
The bird most likely feeds on .
P.O Box 1189 - 40200 Kisii
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
Tel: 0763 450 425
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org