SECTION C: HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
KCSE PAST PAPERS 2006 HRE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
61. Which one of the following Panch Mahabhoot enables one to experience the Sagun Sakar Parmatma?
62. On his rerurn from his visit to Lord Krishna, Sudama found that his hut had turned into a
63. Who among the following saints founded the ‘Swami Narayan Panth?
64. Vardhaman was given the title of “Mahavir” because he
65. Adi Shankaracharya preached that
66. Guru Dhronacharya sent two of his students to look for a virtuous person in the city of Hastinapur. They were
67. The turning point in the life of Valiya the robber came when
68. When Rama, Sita and Laxman reached Dandakaranya, at the start of their exile. Bharat followed them in order to
69. After the battle of Kurukshetra, Bhishma stayed alive for six months on a bed of
70. Which one of the following sicknesses can be prevented by observing the principle of sheel?
71. Which one of the following principles is correctly matched with its practice?
72. According to Lord Buddha, the root cause of suffering is
73. Hindus observe Shraadh in Pitrupaksha by
74. The Sikhs recite Moot Mantra in order to
75. Hindu performs the five yajnas during the Ashram of
76. Which one of the following Mantra pays respect to Acharya?
77. Moving a plate of Aarti clockwise, in front of a Muni signifies
78. Which one of the following parts of the Jam Swastika symbolises liberation?
79. The following statements describe a Hindu Sanskar:
80. On the forth day of Paryushan Parva, Jains celebrate the Janamdin of
81. Which one of the following pairs of items is offered to the sacred fire during Holi Utsav?
82. who among the following personalities mainly practised Bhakti Yoga?
83. “Whatever you do, do it as a selfless offering to me,” Which one of the following Yoga did Lord Krishna preach to Arjun when he said this?
84. The following are steps of performing a Yogasana:
85. Afya Primary School has started a project to help the elderly people in the community. Which one of the following Sadachar is demonstrated by this action?
86. Shefali, who has a habit of stealing, was caught taking a pen from Amrita’s bag. Amrita can help Shefali stop this habit by
87. Which one of the following activities by Hindus would best promote religious harmony in Kenya?
88. According to the Hindu calendar, Adhik Maas occurs every
89. The presiding deity in the Tìrthakshetra of Rameshwaram, Badrinath and Somnath is
90. The following statements describe a Sikh Tirthakshetra:
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2006 IRE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following Surah must be recited when performing salat?
62. Which one of the following quotations is not taken from Surah Fatiha?
63. A whole Surah that teaches on the Oneness of Allah is
64. The incident of the destruction of Abrahah’s army narrated in Surah Fil teaches that
65. Which one of the following is a teaching from Surah Kafirun?
66. Which one of the following is an Islamic rule on eating?
67. Which one of the following words completes the quoted Hadith? “The generous man is nearer Allah, nearer Paradise, nearer man and far from..
68. Which one of the following Hadith condemns corruption in society?
69. On which one of the following occasions is a Muslim not required to pronounce the Kalima?
70. Which one of the following is a compulsory act of wudhu?
71. Who among the following categories of people are exempt from fasting?
72. An activity of Hajj which reminds Muslims of the patience of Hajar is
73. Which one of the following is a pillar of Iman?
74. What is the duty of Angel Mikaeel
75. Nabi Ibrahirn was thrown into the fire because he
76. which one of the following is the main reason why Allah created man according to the Holy Quran?
77. Three of the following are similarities between ldd and Friday prayers. Which one is not?
78. When is the dua Alhamdullilah recited?
79. Najma arrives at school and finds that the other pupils are at assembly. What is the right cause of action for her to take?
80. Muslims can best help beggars by providing them with
81. Which one of the following is not an Islamic teaching on the treatment of orphans?
82. Which one of the following activities is performed in the Mosque?
84. Abdalla who owns a shop gives the following business practices as his secrets of success. Which one of them is allowed in Islam?
85. Which one of the following acts of Ibadah is performed by Kenyan Muslims during Iddul-Adha?
86. The year AD 630 when Muslims conquered Makka without bloodshed is referred to as
87. The Muslims lost in the battle of Uhud because
88. Which one of one following was a result of the persecution of early Muslims in Makka?
89. Prophet Muhammad built the first Mosque at
90. Who among the following European nationals were driven out of the coast of Kenya by the Muslims in 1729?
PART II RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
SECTION A: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. Which one of the following actions made God chase Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden?
62. Who among the following people was asked by God to give his son as a sacrifice?
63. From the incident when Joseph welcomed his brothers in Egypt Christians learn that they should be ___
64. The Jews celebrate the Passover feast to remember when ___
65. Which one of the following commandments shows respect for human life?
66. Who among the following kings of Israel took Naboth’s vineyard?
67. From the story of King Solomon the best gift one can ask God for is
68. Which one of the following statements is true about the teaching of Jeremiah on the New Covenant?
69. Who among the following prophets foretold that the Messiah would be born in the town of Bethlehem?
70. After Angel Gabriel told Zechariah that his wife would bear him a son, Zechariah was unable to speak because he
71. Herod wanted to kill Jesus when he was born because he feared that Jesus would
72. “So when you give something to a needy person, do not make a big show of it” (Matthew 6: 2). Which one of the following values do Christians learn from this teaching?
73. Which one of the following parables of Jesus teaches Christians to take care of people with special needs? The parable of the ___
74. The lesson Christians learn from the healing of the ten lepers is that they should
75. When Zacchaeus said that he would give half of his belongings to the poor it showed that he __
76. In which one of the following occasions did Jesus identify the disciple who was going to betray him?
77. The action of Jesus which teaches Christians that there is life after death is
78. Which one of the following beliefs about God is found in the Apostles Creed? He is
79. Who among the following people was raised by Peter from the dead?
80. The main lesson to be learnt from the story of Ananias and Sapphira is that Christians should
81. Which one of the following is a gift of the Holy Spirit?
82. In traditional African communities people reconciled with God mainly by ____
83. Which one of the following marriage practices is found in both Christianity and traditional African communities?
84. Which one of the following is the main reason why traditional African communities are against abortion? It ___
85. Which one of the following activities best shows that Christians are disciples of Jesus Christ?
86. The main reason why Christians condemn prostitution is because it leads to
87. The best use of leisure by Christian youths would be to
88. You and your friend James are on duty to sweep the classroom. James has refused to sweep saying that there are workers employed to keep the school clean. As a Christian what action would you take?
89. You have noticed that your friend Philip has been going out of school during class time and you would like him to stop. As a Christian you should
90. Mary, your schoolmate has joined a group of youths who smoke cigarettes. What would be the best thing for you to do?
THE KCPE PAST PAPERS 2006 SOCIAL STUDIES QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Study the map of Mula Area and answer questions I to 7.
1. The general direction of flow of river Muta is from
2. What is the approximate length in kilometres of the railway line shown on the map?
3. The main economic activity carried out in Mula Area is _____
4. Three of the following services are available in Mula town. Which one is not?
5.The climate of the area between Muko and Wema markets is likely to be
6. The school in Mula town wishes to enlarge its compound. Which one of the following government offices should the school approach for more land?
7. A trader in Wema market urgently wishes to order for goods from a supplier in Mula town. The quickest means of placing the order would be
8. Which one of the following pre-historic sites in Eastern Africa is correctly matched with the country where it is located?
Prehistoric site Country
9. Traditional artefacts are kept in museums because
10. The type of mountain represented in the diagram was formed as a result of
11. Which one of the following is the least important benefit of Mt. Kenya?
12. Leopold Sedar Senghor contributed to democracy in Senegal by
13. Below are some characteristics of a type of vegetation found in Africa.
14. In which one of the following ways is a person likely to be infected with HIV and AIDS?
15. One of the achievements of Nelson Mandela is that
16. Two pupils are arguing about the ownership of a book. The best way for the teacher to resolve the conflict is by
17. Which one of the following was a result of the settlement of the Arabs along the coast of East Africa?
18. Which one of the following was a reason why the Mau Mau uprising took place in Kenya?
19. It is important for Kenya citizens to vote during the general elections because
20. Below are some characteristics of a type of soil:
21. The town marked J is
22. Which one of the following routes did the River- Lake Nilotes follow when they were migrating into Kenya during the pro-colonial period?
23. The cash crop grown in the shaded area marked K is
24. The lake marked L is
25. Three of the following are ways through which the youth were taught in traditional Kenyan societies. Which one is not?
26. One of the reasons why African countries formed the African Union (AU) was to
27. Which one of the following statements is true about clans in traditional African societies’
28. Matatu accidents in Kenya have become fewer in recent years. This is mainly because of the introduction of
29. A pupil has been sexually abused by a stranger on the way home from school. The immediate action for the parents to take is to
30. Children are expected to take part in family duties because
31. Below are some minerals mined in Eastern Africa.
32. which one of the following Human Rights is enjoyed by Kenya citizens on attaining the age of 18 years?
33. In which one of the following ways have the Maasai pastoralists benefited from government support?
34. Which one of the following statements is true about the policy of assimilation in Senegal?
35. The main reason why the government encourages afforestation in Kenya is to
36. Which one of the following colours of the national flag of Kenya represents land of plenty?
37. The Tigre and Amhara Communities live mainly in
38. Which one of the following statements is true about Lake Bogoria?
39. In Kenya, justice is administered by
40. Which one of the following Kenyan communities is correctly matched with its traditional leader?
41. The diagram below shows an instrument used for recording an element of weather.
The element of weather recorded using the instrument shown above is
42. Cigarette smoking is being discouraged in Kenya because
43. The statements below describe a town in Kenya.
44. Which one of the following statements is true about the areas where wheat is grown?
44. Which one of the following statements is true about the areas where wheat is grown?
45. Which one of the following groups of countries was colonised by the British?
46. Which one of the following police units in Kenya is correctly matched with its duty?
Police Unit Duty
47. Below are some characteristics of a type of climate experienced in Africa.
48. Which one of the following statements explains why there are few roads in the northern parts of Kenya?
49. The main problem experienced by agricultural cooperative societies in Kenya ¡s
50. Which one of the following factors has led to a decline in the rate of population growth in Kenya?
51. The diagram below represents a type of a lake.
The type of lake shown is
52. Which one of the following is the best way through which the Government of Kenya can attract more tourists into the country?
53. Ngao has been caught by his classmates stealing a bunch of ripe bananas from a farm near their school. The most appropriate action for the pupils to take is to
54. The governments of Kenya and Swaziland are similar in that
55. Which one of the following dams in Africa is correctly matched with the river on which it is Located?
56. The best way of encouraging more fishing in the rivers in Kenya is by
57, Below are statements about a political party in Kenya.
58. Which one of the following was the reason why COMESA was established?
59. Three of the following are benefits of democracy.
Which one is not?
60. Below are some factors which determine the location of industries:
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2006: SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS [25-50]
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2006: SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS [1-25]
FREE 2006 KCPE ANSWERS - KCPE PAST PAPERS
P.O Box 1189 - 40200
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
Tel: 0763 450 425
E-mail - email@example.com