KCPE 2007 PAST PAPERS, ANSWERS AND REPORTS
SOURCE: KNEC- KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
ENGLISH KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007
KISWAHILI KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007
MATHEMATICS KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007
SCIENCE KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007
SOCIAL STUDIES KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007
1.❯ Place value and total value
2.❯ Reading and Writing numbers in symbols and in word
2004 Question 1
2004 Question 3
2004 Question 3
2005 Question 1
2005 Question 2
2005 Question 3
2006 Question 1
2006 Question 5
2007 Question 1
2007 Question 2
2008 Question 1
2008 Question 5
2009 Question 1
2009 Question 10
2010 Question 1
2010 Question 4
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007 H.R.E QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
SECTION C: HINDU RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. The sound of AUM at the beginning of a Hindu prayer signifies that Paramatma is
62. Which one of the following boxes contains the qualities of Paramatma as Satchitanand
63. The quality of Paramatma demonstrated in the personality of Veda Vyasa is
64. In which avatar did Lord Vishnu assist the Deva and Danava to get amrit from the ocean?
65. Which one of the following practices was opposed by Lord Buddha?
66. Which one of the following scriptures teaches morals through simple stories?
67. Which one of the following statements is not true about Sita?
68. Which one of the following scriptures contains the teachings of Lord Buddha?
69. who among the following personalities preached the principle of Anekantvad
70. Swami Dayanand came to know that his cook had served him with poisoned food. He told the cook to run away to avoid being punished by the King. Swami Dayanand practiced the principle of
71. The Sikhs practise the principle of Wand ke Chakhana in a Gurudwara when they
72. During the Vivaha Sanskar, the bride and the groom take a vow to share the ups and downs in their family. This is an expression of
73. The Jam principle that would best help in the fight against corruption is
74. The following are steps of a ritual performed when visiting a Mandir:
75. Which one of the following Kakars is a symbol of unity among the Sikhs?
76. What do Jams apply on their foreheads when visiting a Derasar?
77. Which one of the following is a Jam place of pilgrimage?
78. The following are events commemorated during a Hindu festival:
79. Which one of the following scriptures is read during the festival of Paryushan?
80. Which one of the following festivals is celebrated to mark the victory of good over evil?
81. Which one of the following symbols is associated with Tirthankar Neminath?
82. Who among the following personalities practised Karma Yoga?
83. Shavasana is practised in order to
84. When is Surya Namaskar performed?
85. Which one of the following yoga helps an individual develop complete faith in and loyalty to Paramatma?
86. Which one of the following principles if practised would help in the tight against the spread of HIV/AIDS?
87. Each morning, Vishal and Kalyani touch the feet of their parents. This is mainly a sign of
88. Hindus donate foodstuffs to the victims of the drought.
This act demonstrates the principle of
89. Which one of the following festivals is celebrated during the Varsha Ritu?
90. Which one of the following days of the week is correctly matched with the corresponding planet.
Day of the week Planet
SECTION B: ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007 IRE PAST PAPERS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
61. Which one of the following verses from the Qur’an is found in Surah An-Nas?
62. People who are busy accumulating wealth and forgetting the punishment of disobeying Allah are mentioned in Surah
63. Which one of the following is a leaching of Surah Adiyat?
64. The Surah which must be recited by Muslims seventeen times in one day is
65. Which one of the following surahs teaches that Allah provides food and security?
66. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “None of you believe until you do to your brother what you would like done to you.”
This Hadith is about
67. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “He is not among us who eats and fills up his stomach while his neighbour is hungry.” The main teaching of this hadith is:
68. Which one of the following Statements is true about a genuine Hadith?
69. Three of the following are pillars of Salai, which one is not?
70. When is Tahiyattul Masjid performed?
71. Which one of the following acts nullifies Saum?
72. Which one of the following places is not a station of Hajj
73. Which one of the following items is liable for Zakat?
74. A person converting to Islam is required to
75. The most important teaching about the belief in Yaumul Qiyama is that it is a day when
76. Three of the following are names of angels, which one is not?
77. Which one of the following acts is most likely to lead to corruption?
78. Islam forbids the hoarding of goods in order to fight against
79. Which one of the following phrases is used by Muslims to console the bereaved members of a family?
80. Asiya’s friend Mariam has not come to school because her mother is sick. The best course of action for Asiya to take is to
81. Yusuf, a standard seven pupil borrowed a book from his friend Hassan, but before he could give it back, Hassan was transferred to another school. The right course of action for Yusuf to take is to
82. Which one of the following is a duty of Muslims to their neighbours?
83. Which one of the following is the best way of celebrating Idd-ul-fitr?
84. Which one of the following is the first ritual to be performed when a baby boy is born?
85. Which one of the following events took place in the month of Muharram?
86. The main reason why the Quraish rejected the message of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) is that
87. According to the terms of the treaty of Hudaibiya, the peace between the Muslims arid the Quraish was to last for
88. The early Muslims settled along the coast of Kenya in order to
89. Which one of the following statements is true about Prophet Nub (A.S)?
90. Which one of (he following religions is correctly matched with Its place of worship?
Religion Place of worship
PART II RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
SECTION A: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. The main teaching of the Genesis stories of creation is that
62. From the call of Abraham, Christians learn that they should
63. The father of Esau and Jacob was
64. Moses was not wilting to go back to Egypt when he was sent by God mainly because
65. Which one of the following commandments teaches Christians to be satisfied with what they have?
66. Which one of the following was an achievement of King David?
67. “1 inherited the vineyard from my ancestors” Naboth replied. “The Lord forbid that I should let you have it” (I Kings 21:3). From this incident of King Ahab and Naboth, Christians learn that they should
68. Prophet Elisha told the Shunamite woman that she was going to have a son because she
69. Which one of the following was a prophecy of Isaiah about the Messiah? Fie would be
70. The reason why Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem the night Jesus was born is because they wanted to
71. What did Simeon say about baby Jesus when he was presented in the temple?
72. Jesus was baptsed in River Jordan because he wanted to
73. A lesson that Christians learn from the parable of the talents is to
74. Which one of the following miracles of Jesus shows that he was a universal saviour?
75. from the teaching of Jesus on forgiveness in the Lord’s prayer, Christians learn tha they should forgive
76. The main reason why Peter denied Jesus is because he
77. The two followers of Jesus walking to Emmaus came to know that he was the risen Lord when he
78. From the Apostle’s creed we Learn that God is
79. Which one of the following happenings took place on the day of Pentecost?
80. Which one of the following is a gift of the Holy Spirit?
81. The early Christians chose the seven deacons because they wanted them to
82. In some traditional African communities people worship in a cave because it
82. In some traditional African communities people worship in a cave because it
83. Which one of the following wedding practices is found in both Christian and traditional African communities?
84. In traditional African communities kinship ties are important mainly because they
85. The youth in traditional African societies are taught moral values by
86. The virtue of self control is best shown by Christians when they
87. While playing in the school field with your friends you pick a fifty Kenya shilling note, what would you do?
88. The best way to spend leisure after sitting the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examination is by
89. Titus, a Standard Seven pupil does not want to help his brother in cleaning their compound because he feels it is a dirty job.
What advice would you give him? Tell him to
90. The parents of Anne a Standard Eight pupil, want her to get married to an old wealthy man hoping that this would improve their life. As a Christian what is the best action for her to take?
KCPE PAST PAPER 2007 SOCIAL STUDIES QUESTION AND ANSWERS
PART I: SOCIAL STUDIES
Study the map of TIMO area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. What is the general direction of Wete School from the coffee factory?
2. What is the approximate area of Timo Town in square kilometers?
3. Most of the settlements in Timo area are found
4. Which one of the following features would attract tourists in Zime Location?
5. The climate experienced in Moka Location is likely to be
6. Some cows have strayed into the maize plantation in Roti Location and destroyed the crop. The correct action for the owner of the plantation to take is to
7. Which one of the following social services is not available in Timo town?
8. Which one of the following factors least explains why the Bantu migrated from their original homeland into Eastern Africa?
9. Which one of the following gives the correct the evolution of Early Man?
10. Which one of the following was a result of the coming of the Arabs to Eastern Africa?
11. The main reason for teaching moral laws to the youth is to ___
12. Which one of the following duties was performed by the Ntemi Chief among the Nyamwezi during the pre-colonial period?
13. Which one of the following method of irrigation is used in the Ahero Irrigation Scheme?
14. The graph below represents the climate of a town in Africa.
Which one of the following statements correctly describes the climate of the town?
15. One of the roles of prefects in school management is to
16. Tamaru is a sister to Mbeya. Tamaru has a son called Ndavi while Mbeya has a daughter called Maria. To Ndavi, Maria is a
17. Which one of the following is the main benefit the West African countries have gained as members of the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS)?
18. Your class went on a study tour of an area whose vegetation had the following characteristics:
19. Use the map of Africa below to answer questions 19, 20, 21 and 22.
The country marked J was colonized by
20. The main economic activity carried out in the shaded area marked K is
21. The multi-purpose project found in the place marked L is the
22. What is the time in Alexandria on longitude 30°E when it is 9.00 am in Oran on longitude 0°?
23. You have noticed that your friend Kefa has started smoking. What would be the best action for you to take in order to help him stop the behaviour?
24. Which one of the following African leaders collaborated with the Europeans during the establishment of Colonial rule?
25. The diagram below shows a method of fishing.
The fishing method represented in the diagram is
26. The main method used by the Africans in Zimbabwe to attain their independence was
27. Which one of the following is the correct order of the Provincial Administration in Kenya?
28. To make a complete rotation on its axis, the earth takes
29 Which one of the following is a benefit of a representative democracy?
30. A Standard VIII prefect finds her two classmates quarrelling in class. The right action for the prefect to take is o
31. Which one of the following methods is used to mine limestone in Kenya?
32. Which one of the following groups consists of crops grown in Kenya during the pre-colonial period?
33. Which one of the following is a way of promoting peace in society?
34. The court system in Kenya is headed by the
35. The following are conditions necessary for growing a cash crop in Africa.
36. The government of Swaziland is headed by
37. Three of the following are roles played by the early political associations ¡n Kenya between 1914 and 1945.
Which one is not?
38. Mutua, a football prayer who is representing Kenya in the Commonwealth Games is promised a lot of money by a Canadian Coach if he agrees to play for Canada. He refuses the offer.
The action by Mutua shows that
39. The Age-sex pyramid below represents the population of Germany.
Which one of the following statements is true about the population according to the pyramid?
40. Which one of the following statements is true about the geographical position of Kenya?
41. The main role of the opposition parties in a democratic system of government is to
42. Road safety education is taught in primary schools in Kenya in order to
43. The most widespread means of passing information in the rural areas of Africa is by
44. The main problem facing agricultural cooperative societies in Kenya is
45. The following are farming practices in Africa.
46. Which one of the following is an achievement of Daniel arap Moi’?
47. Which one of the following statements is true about horticultural farming in both Kenya and the Netherlands?
In both countries
48. According to the laws of Kenya, amending the constitution is the responsibility of
49 The main reason why wife inheritance should be discouraged in Kenya is because it leads to
50. Who among the following Municipal Council officials is elected?
51. Which one of the following organs of the United Nations (UN) is responsible for resolving disputes between member countries?
52. The main factor that influences the location of a furniture making industry is
53. Lewa, a pupil at Chui Primary School has been refused by his teacher to go for break for failing to answer questions in class.
Which one of the following child rights has Lewa been denied?
54. Which one of the following types of soil erosion is correctly matched with the area where it commonly occurs?
55. Which one of the following is the best way of conserving wildlife?
56. The Atlas mountains were formed as a result of
57. The main problem resulting from rapid population growth in the rural areas in Kenya is that it has led to
58. Three of the following are problems experienced in urban centres in Kenya.
Which one is not?
59. David Smith, a former British citizen has acquired Kenyan Citizenship through naturalization. Smith may loose his Kenyan citizenship if he
60 In Kenya the national flag is raised in order to
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2007: SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS [QNS 26-50]