SOCIAL STUDIES KCPE PAST PAPERS 2009 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Study the map of RAMALI area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. The natural vegetation found around Kera market is ____
2. The approximate area of cotton farm is
3. River Ramali flows from
4. Which one of the following social services is provided at Pori market?
5. In which one of the following parts of Ramali area are most of the settlements found?
6. The main economic activity carried out in Ramali area is ______
7. The climate of Ramali area can be described as
8. In traditional African societies, the youth were taught moral laws mainly to
9. Which one of the following statements is true about traditional industries during the pre-colonial period?
10. The diagram below represents a physical feature. Use it to answer the question that follows: -
The feature marked X is
11. During the pre-colonial period, the Baganda were ruled by
12. Which one of the following methods of colonial administration was used by the British in Northern Nigeria?
13. in which of the following months is the sun overhead at the equator?
14. The following are functions that were performed by traditional leaders during the pre-colonial, period.
15. Which one of the following groups-of people belong to a nuclear family?
16. Which one of the following communities is CORRECTLY matched with the commodity they traded in during the pre-colonial period?
Community Items of trade
Use the map of Kenya below to answer Questions 17 to 20
17. Which one of the following language groups migrated into Kenya along the route marked H?
18. Which one of the following statements explains why the shaded area marked J is densely populated?
19. The country marked K is ____
20. Which one of the following statements is true about the river marked L?
21. The best way to ensure that the school is kept clean all the time is by
22. The following statements describe a prominent traditional Kenyan leader.
23. Which group of characteristics shown below describes the equatorial vegetation?
24. The main contribution of petroleum to the economy on Nigeria is that it has led to
25. Below are some ways used for predicting the coming of a rainy season.
26. Who among the following African leaders resisted the establishment of French Colonial rule?
27.Which one of the following countries is correctly matched with its capital city?
Country Capital city
28. Three of the following are problems experienced by farmers in Mwea — Tebere Irrigation Scheme. Which one is not?
29. Horticultural farming in Kenya is different from that in the Netherlands in that____
30. Aku, your classmate, has been performing poorly in class because she learnt that her parents are HIV positive. Which one of the following is the best action for you to take to help Aku?
31.The diagram below represents a method used to conserve soil.
The method represented in the diagram above Is
32. Game reserves have been established in Kenya mainly to
33. The following are some historical events that have taken place since independence.
34. The main reason why the United Nations (UN) was formed was to
35. Three of the following statements are true about the Tswana pastoralists. Which one is not?
36.Which one of the following was a result of settler farming in Kenya?
37. Which one of the following is NOT a function of the body in charge of elections in Kenya?
38: Which one of the following groups of countries formed the East-African Community in 1967?
39. Which one of the following cash crops is commonly grown in Zanzibar?
40. Three of the following are roles of political parties in a democracy. Which one is not?
41. Fresh flowers from Kenya are exported to Europe by air because air transport is
42. In Kenya, a national population census is carried out after a period of
43. A pupil has been told by the parents to help in fetching water for sale instead of attending school. The best action for the pupil to take is to ____
44. The Harambee movement in Kenya has led to ___
45. One of the problems affecting fishing in Lake Victoria is that _____
46. Which one of the following is the reason why Madaraka Day is celebrated in Kenya?
47. Which one of the following statements is true of both Julius Nyerere of Tanzania and Haile Selassie of Ethiopia?
48. Which one of the following tourist attractions in Africa is correctly matched with the country where it is found?
Tourist attraction Country
49. Which one of the following is a role of the school management committee in public primary schools in Kenya?
50. Which one of the following is a requirement for a person who wishes to be elected as a member of parliament in Kenya?
The person should be ____
51. Which one of the following places is the safest for pupils to cross the road?
52. Which one of the following groups of industries consists of service industries?
53. Which one of the following government officers is correctly matched with the right responsibility?
Government officer Responsibilities
54. In Kenya, civil marriages are conducted by
55. A foreigner living in Kenya may enjoy the following rights except.
56. ln Kenya, fluorspar is mined through
57. The best way through which protects can help he other pupils to become responsible citizens is by .
58. One of the functions of local authorities in Kenya is to _________________
59. Three of the following are ways through which national unity can be promoted ¡n Kenya.
Which one is not?
60. Which one of the following is a function of parliament in Kenya?
P.O Box 1189 - 40200
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
Tel: 0763 450 425
E-mail - email@example.com