KCPE PAST PAPERS 2010: SOCIAL STUDIES QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Study the map of Molu area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. The land in Molu area slopes from _____
2. What is the approximate area of the irrigation scheme?
3. A trader at Tau market has ordered for maize flour from a wholesale shop in Molu town.
The appropriate means of transport to use to deliver the flour would be by ___
4. Three of the following economic activities are carried out in Molu area except
5. If the area under the Game Reserve was to be converted into a farm, which one of the following crops would be suitable to plant?
6. Which one of the following statements correctly describes the distribution of settlements in Molu area?
7. Three of the following social services are available in Molu Town. Which one is not?
8. The original homeland of the Bantu was _____
9. Which one of the following titles used in Buganda Kingdom during the pre-colonial period is correctly matched with its officer’?
10. Which one of the following statements is true about pastoral farming among the Fulani?
11. Below are duties of a school administrator.
12. June 1st is important in Kenya because it is the day ____
Use the diagram below to answer questions 13 and 14.
13. Which of the following characteristics are true about the winds marked X?
14. Which one of the following towns in Kenya experiences the effects of winds similar to the ones marked X?
15. The best way to stop drug abuse in schools is by _____
16. Which one of the following communities was ruled by a king during the pre-colonial period?
17. Below are statements about the achievements of a missionary who came to Eastern Africa in the 19th Century.
18. Which one of the following dams in Africa is correctly matched with the river on which it is located?
19. Different parts of the earth experience day and night at different times. This is caused by _____
20. In traditional African societies, the croaking of frogs was associated with _____
21. A foreigner qualifies to apply for Kenyan citizenship after living in the country continuously for ____
22. Zawadi is charged a fee everytime she goes to the open air market near her home to sell her farm produce. The money she pays goes to ____
23. The age-sex pyramid below represents the population of Kenya.
Which one of the following statements is true about the population of Kenya according lo the pyramid?
24. Samoei of the Nandi and Mekatilili of the Agiriama had one thing in common. It is that both ___
25. Which one of the following statements is true about the system of government of Swaziland?
26. The main reason why Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) was established was to ____
27. Which one of the following statements correctly describes a parliamentary bill?
28. Maria was stopped from joining a women’s group by her husband. Which one of the following freedoms was she denied? Freedom of ____
29. Which one of the following activities of European colonial rulers had positive effects on Africans?
30. The main economic activity carried out in the shaded area marked Q is ______
31. The pre-historic site marked R is ____
32. The language group that entered Kenya from the direction of the arrow marked S during the pre-colonial period was ________
33. Which two types of forests are found in the area marked T?
34. Which one of the following marriages is presided over by the District Commissioner?
35. Which one of the following explains why the people of Tanganyika were defeated by the Germans during the Maji Maji rebellion?
36. Which one of the following groups of communities is found in West Africa?
37. Which one of the following mountains in Africa was formed as a result of faulting?
A. Mt Kenya.
B. Mt Kilimanjaro.
C. The Atlas Mountains.
D. The Ruwenzori Mountains.
38. Three of the following skills were taught through apprenticeship in African traditional societies. Which one was not?
39. Countries in North Africa experience winter season during the months of ____
40. River Nile and River Niger have a common characteristic. It is that both rivers ____
41. The diagram below represents a road sign.
The road sign indicates that _____
42. Three of the following are actions which indicate that a person is a patriotic citizen. Which one is not?
43. Municipalities and County Councils are under the Ministry of ______
44. Tourism is important to Kenya mainly because it ______
45. Which one of the following minerals is correctly matched with the method used to mine it?
Mineral Mining method
46. Which one of the following groups of countries in Africa was colonized by the French?
47. Below arc statements about a political party that was formed in Kenya during the colonial period.
48. Three of the following are soil conservation measures.
Which one is not?
49. In traditional African societies, goods were transported using ____
50. In Kenya. forest areas are protected against destruction mainly because they ____
51. Which one of the following is a duty of the police force in Kenya?
52. Which one of the following groups of people represent single parent family?
53. Which one of the following was a function of clan elders in traditional African Communities?
54. In Kenya, a person becomes the speaker of the National Assembly through ____
55. Nzau, a primary school pupil assisted an elderly lady to cross a busy road. The behaviour by Nzau should be encouraged in the society because it
56. Three of the following statements are true about Kenya’s National Anthem. Which one is not?
57. Which one of the following is an economic right?
58. The Government of Kenya obtains revenue mainly through _____
59. The main problem facing road transport in Kenya is that ___
60. Three of the following are circumstances which may lead to a loss of parliamentary seat. Which one is not? When a member of parliament ___
Follow AtikaSchool.Org on our Social Channels
This gives you an opportunity to get our latest uodates, changes and firsthand information
Don't give up, Keep Searching for more