1. Identify two sources of information which historians use to write the History of Africa (2 mks)
2. List two economic activities of early man during the stone Age period (2 mks)
3. Give two factors which led to the early urbanization in Africa (2 mks)
4. Identify one use of bronze in Ancient Benin. (1 mks)
5. List two forms of communication used to send messages to distant places in the shortest possible time. (2 mks)
6. Name two main cash crops that were grown in North America during the Agrarian Revolution. (2 mks)
7. (a) What is barter trade? (1mk)
Barter trade is the exchange of goods for other goods/trade in kind.
(b) Identify one limitation of using barter as a method of trade. (1mk)
8. Give two functions of the Buganda traditional parliament (2 mks)
9. Name the Empire that was rule by Samori Toure during the European invasion of Africa
The Mandinka Empire
10. Give two ways through which Islam had spread in Africa by the nineteenth century
11. Name two systems of colonial administration which were used by the British to administer their colonies In Africa.
12. What is constitution?
13. In which two ways did the organization of Africa Unity (OAU) contribute to the liberation of the southern African countries?
14. Name two agencies of the United Nations Organization (UNO) which deal with the problem of health.
1a. In what ways did the development of the steam engine contribute to the growth of industries in Europe during the nineteenth century?
1b. Explain six factors which led to the emergence of Japan as an industrial power after the second world war.
2a. What factors led to the development of trade between North Africa and West Africa during the pre-colonial period?
2b. Describe the effects of the Trans – Saharan trade of West African societies?
3a. Explain three ways in which Macadamized roads are an improvement to road transport.
3b. What were the results of the development of railway transport in Europe up the end of the Nineteenth century?
4a. Why were African independent churches established?
4b. Explain six factors which promoted Christian missionary activities in Africa during the nineteenth century.
5a. What methods did the European powers use to acquire colonies in Africa? (3mks)
5b. Explain six factors which influenced Lewanika of the Balozi to collaborate with the British.
6a. Describe the factors which facilitated the application of the French policy of assimilation in the four communes in Senegal.
6b. Discuss the effects of the French policy of assimilation in Senegal.
7a. What is the role of the prime minister in Britain?
7b. Explain six functions of the Federal Government of the United States of America. (USA).
Download History KNEC KCSE Topical full copy including the marking scheme in word format from our sister site but you need to enroll as a member on the site:
P.O Box 1189 - 40200
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
Tel: 0763 450 425
E-mail - email@example.com