Limitations of using written records as a source of African History
The People of Kenya Up To the 19th Century Questions and Answers
(section B)1a) What factors made the cushites migrate into Kenya during thepre – colonial period? (10mks)
b) Explain five results of the migration of the cushites into Kenya during the pre-colonial period. (10mks)
1. Give two factors which led to the migration and settlement of the Iteso into Kenya by 1800.
a) Explain the results of the migration and settlement of the Somali into Kenya by 1800. (7mks)
1. 2005 Q24b: Explain six responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen. (12 marks)
1. Give two functions of the council of elders among the Akamba during the pre –colonial period.(2mks)
15 b) Describe the political organization in Kenya during the pre-colonial period. (8 mks)
Describe two theories about the origin of human beings
Outline the five reasons which made the Nandi resist the imposition of British colonial rule over their territory.
Reasons which made the Nandi resist the imposition of British colonial rule over their territory.
1. Name two pre- historic sites in Kenya. (2 mks)
2. State two advantages of the discovery of fire by Early Man. (2mks)
1. Identify two ways through which archaeologists obtain information on the history of Kenya. (2 mks)
Differences between history and government
The meaning of “History”
History is the study of man's past chronological account and record of events in reaction to the environment.
History is the study of life in society in the past, in all its aspect, in relation to present developments and future hopes. It is the story of man in time, an inquiry into the past based on evidence. Indeed, evidence is the raw material of history teaching and learning. It is an Inquiry into what happened in the past, when it happened, and how it happened. It is an inquiry into the inevitable changes in human affairs in the past and the ways these changes affect, influence or determine the patterns of life in the society.
[Pallavi Talekau, Dr. Jyotrimayee Nayak , Dr.S.Harichandan]
History is the study of change over time, and it covers all aspects of human society. Political, social, economic, scientific, technological, medical, cultural, intellectual, religious and military developments are all part of history. Usually professional historians specialize in a particular aspect of history, a specific time period, a certain approach to history or a specific geographic region. [www.valdosta.edu/history/documents/what-is-history.pdf]
Give five reasons for studying history.
What things do archaeologists use to construct the activities of people who lived in pre-history times?
Things do archaeologists use to construct the activities of people who lived in pre-history times
Describe the characteristics of the coastal towns by 1500
Citizenship-History and Government Topical Questions and Answers
21. b) Explain the circumstances which may force the government to limit the rights and the freedoms of the individual. (12mks)
3. State one reason why the government may limit the freedom of speech (1 mk)
24(b) Explain six responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen. (12 mks)
20(section C) 5b) Explain six factors which have promoted national unity in Kenya since 1963. (12mks)
24. (b) Explain five factors that promote national unity in Kenya. (10 mks)
12. Give one way through which the education system in Kenya promotes national Unity (1 mark)
7. Give one way in which rural to rural migrations in Kenya contribute to national unity. (1 mk)
Factors which made the Cushites to migrate into Kenya during the pre-colonial period
State four reasons for evolution of man