State the main reason why African resistance was defeated in Kenya during the colonial period.
Reason why African resistance was defeated in Kenya during the colonial period.
Explain six causes of the Mau Mau war.
Explain six impacts of Mau-Mau uprising in Kenya.
Refusing to give more land to the Kikuyu in the reserves, which could have been seen as a concession to Mau Mau, Baring turned instead in 1953 to Roger Swynnerton, Kenya's assistant director of agriculture. The primary goal of the Swynnerton Plan was the creation of family holdings large enough to keep families self-sufficient in food and to enable them to practice alternate husbandry, which would generate a cash income.
Recommendations of the Swynnerton Plan of 1954
Give two benefits of Swynnerton Plan of 1954 to Africans in Kenya 2mks
State one importance of the swynnerton plan of 1954 to Kenyan farmers during the colonial period.
What are the ways in which the swynnerton plan affected African farmers during the colonial period
Explain five roles played by women in the Mau mau uprising
Political Developments And The Struggle For Independence In Kenya (1919 -1963)
7. Give two factors which led to the establishment of urban centres in Kenya during the colonial period.(2mks)
7. Identify two ways in which the trade union movement contributed to the struggle for independence in Kenya. (2MKS)
9. Name two African nationalist parties whose leaders attended the Lancaster House Conference. (2mks)
7. State two recommendations of the Lyttleton Consitution of 1954. (2mks)
8. What was the main ideological difference between KANU and KADU before independence in 1963? (1 mark)
18. a) What grievances did the African Nationalists have against the colonial government in Kenya up to 1945? (3mks)
b) Explain the political developments which hastened the achievement of independence in Kenya between 1945 and 1963? (3mks)