SPH 202 - ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM II
SPH 202 - ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM II by Ms. RUTH WABWILE
UON - DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS, ROOM 224D
PHYSICS OFFICE NUMBER +254 794 587 933
This Module/Notes/Tutorial Objectives
At the end of reading the tutorial, the learner should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Science of Physics and its different branches, and solve problems requiring concepts of Electricity and Magnetism.
Ms. RUTH WABWILE
Freeware for UON Physics Students
Prerequisite Course or knowledge
- Ohms Law:
- Kirchoff’s laws:
- Effect of an electric field on a charged particle
- Effect of a magnetic field on a moving charged particle
- Magnetic flux
- Ampere ‘s theorems
- Describe charges as a quantity that, when in motion produces electricity and has a magnetic effect.
- Distinguish between electric and magnetic charges and their interactions.
- Replace calculations of forces and potential energy of charges with fields involved.
- Describe the properties and effects of alternating currents.
- Distinguish between the electric and magnetic energy stored in the electric fields and magnetic fields respectively.
- Explain the electric and magnetic properties of matter.
- Derive Maxwell’s Equations of motion for the electromagnetic field.
The Unit Outline
- The electric field
- Steady current
- Gauss Law
- Ampere’s Law
- Electromagnetic induction
- Alternating currents
- Magnetic properties of matter
- Maxwell’s Equations