State two ways in which a computer may be used in efficient running of a hospital (2mks)
ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTERS
Computers have many advantages over other types of office and business equipment that are used for data processing functions. Some of the advantages are:
1) Computers process data faster:
The processing speed of a computer when measured against other devices like typewriters & calculators is far much higher.
2) Computers are more accurate & reliable:
Computers produce more accurate results as long as the correct instructions & data are entered. They also have the ability to handle numbers with many decimal places.
3) Computers are more efficient:
A computer requires less effort to process data as compared to human beings or other machines.
4) Computers can quickly and effectively store & retrieve large amounts of data.
computers have the capacity to hold, retrieve and process large volumes of data when compared to other devices and humans. their memory is also expandable and faster to retrieve.
5) They are very economical when saving information, for it can conserve a lot of space.
computers makes it cheaper to save information per area required to save same information as compared to manual systems such as file cabinets. A small chip can save lots and lots of information thus saving on the cost to acquire more space.