The word literally means to cut around or to cut the foreskin.
As a sign of the covenant, God instructed circumcision for Abraham and his descendants.
Elements of Jewish circumcision
THE SERMON ON THE PLAIN
In the previous section, we learnt that Jesus chose His apostles. He came down the hill and stood on a level place. He gave a sermon to those present. This address is referred to as the sermon on the plain in Luke’s Gospel.
The people had come to hear Jesus’ word to receive healing and for Jesus to exercise unclean spirits from them. In the sermon, Jesus talked of the characteristics of the new community. All those who would listen to His word would be the “New Israel”.
Fruits of the Holy Spirit according to Galatians 5: 22 – 26
THE CHOOSING OF THE TWELVE DISCIPLES AND JESUS TEACHINGS ON TRUE DISCIPLESHIP
Jesus prayed the whole night for God’s guidance and revelation before choosing the 12 disciples. He called his disciples and chose 12. They were to accompany him, teach his word and be witnesses to the Good news.
The 12 disciples were to be witness to the house of Israel and to the rest of the world. Jesus Christ called the twelve disciples ‘Apostles’ meaning one who is sent. From the Greek word Apostles meaning missionaries.
Level: Form 2 (KCSE)
Topic: THE GALILEAN MINISTRY
Sub-Topic: Jesus’ Works of Compassion
Examples from the life and Ministry of Jesus which shows that he promoted social equality
Jesus Works of Compassion
Works of compassion include the works of mercy for those in distress.
This chapter introduces Jesus’ ministry to the Gentiles.
Significance of the healing miracles of Jesus
JESUS FEEDS THE FIVE THOUSAND - LUKE 9:10 – 17
Lessons learnt about Jesus from the feeding of the 5,000.
The annunciation is divided into two, i.e.
The term transfiguration refers to transformation of Jesus’ body into heavenly glory.
The Journey to Jerusalem
Explain Four Roles of John the Baptist as a Link between the Old Testament and New Testament
Related Resources on John The Baptist
THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT - KCSE CRE NOTES
The growth of the Kingdom of God ( Luke 13:1 – 35)
Jesus illustrated his teachings about the Kingdom of God through parables, miracles or public teachings.
The Galilean Ministry
Relevance of Baptism to Christians Today
State lessons learnt from Jesus trial before pilate
A summary of accusations made against Jesus during His trial (Luke 22:66-23:1-23).
Ways in which Christians can respond to false accusations
THE MIGHTY WORKS OF JESUS
The miracles of Jesus can be divided into four groups.
THE RAISING OF THE SON OF THE WIDOW OF NAIN
Lessons learnt about Jesus from the raising of the son of the widow
THE PSALMIST PROPHECY
Lessons that Christians learn from the mighty works of Jesus
- Jesus gives life/ has power over death/ thus Christians should have hope of life after death.
- Christians should have faith; faith is necessary for healing.
- Christians should approach/ seek God with humility.
- Christians should be persistent in making requests.
- God answers requests/ Christians should turn to God for their needs.
- Christians should be patient/ avoid desperation.
- Christians should be compassionate to those suffering.
- Christians should believe in Jesus’ power through touching.
- Christians should emulate Jesus’ humility as they do God’s work e.g. Jesus imposed silence as He raised Jairus’ daughter.
- Jesus gives hope to those who are hopeless and thus Christians should not be desperate.
- Christians should carry out their mission to all regardless of race, gender or status.
- Jesus knows the needs of people personally, therefore Christians should ask for them.
- Christians should exercise courage when seeking solutions to their problems.
GIVE THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS ON THE ROLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is a counselor /helper (To act as a counselor/comforter/guide the disciples).
- He comforts
- He would remind the disciples everything that Jesus had taught them.
- He would pronounce judgment on sinners.
- He would help the disciples to understand Jesus as the son of God
- He would give the disciples wisdom to discern and expose the secrets of sinful people.
- He teaches (To teach the disciples the truth of the Gospel)
- He guides
- He judges /convicts the world.
- He is a companion (He would be a companion of His disciples in all their missions).
- He strengthens (He would strengthen the faith of the disciples and give them courage to face persecution).
- He empowers (He would empower the disciples to become Jesus’ witness all over the world)
- He reminds /convinces people on righteousness.
- He glorifies Jesus Christ.
- He reveals the things of God/reveals thing to come/He would enable the disciples to predict future events.
Related searches ...
- STATE FIVE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY JESUS TO HIS DISCIPLES ON HOW TO PRAY
- DESCRIBE THE CALL OF THE FIRST DISCIPLES OF JESUS. (LUKE 5:1-11). (8 MARKS)
- OUTLINE WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST TO HIS DISCIPLES
- THE JERUSALEM MINISTRY - C.R.E FORM 2 NOTES
- REASONS WHY JESUS APPEARED TO HIS DISCIPLES AFTER HIS RESURRECTION
- RELEVANCE, INSTRUCTIONS FROM JESUS AND LESSONS CHRISTIANS CAN LEARN FROM THE COMMISSIONING OF THE TWELVE DISCIPLES
- JESUS CALLS THE FIRST DISCIPLES - LUKE 5:1-11
- DESCRIBE THE INCIDENT IN WHICH JESUS HAD THE LAST SUPPER WITH HIS DISCIPLES
- THE CHOOSING OF THE TWELVE DISCIPLES AND JESUS TEACHINGS ON TRUE DISCIPLESHIP
- THE INCIDENT WHEN JESUS WENT TO PRAY WITH HIS DISCIPLES AT MT. OLIVES
WITH REFERENCE TO LUKE 1:13-17, OUTLINE THE MESSAGE OF ANGEL GABRIEL ABOUT JOHN TO ZECHARIAH
Luke 1:13-17 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
14 And you will have joy and gladness,
and many will rejoice at his birth;
15 for he will be great before the Lord,
and he shall drink no wine nor strong drink,
and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit,
even from his mother’s womb.
16 And he will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God,
17 and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Eli′jah,
to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,
and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just,
to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”
- John the Baptist was to be a son.
- His name was to be John.
- He will be great before God.
- He would bring joy /gladness to his parents.
- He was to drink no wine /will be a Nazarite.
- He was to turn many of the son`s of Israel to God.
- He was to go before the lord in the spirit/power of Elijah.
- He was to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children.
- He was to make ready for the lord a people prepared.
- NARRATE JESUS’ BAPTISM BY JOHN THE BAPTIST IN THE RIVER JORDAN IN LUKE 3: 21 -22
- THE ROLE OF JOHN THE BAPTIST (ISAIAH 40:3-5; MALACHI 3:1; 4:5-6; LUKE 7:20-35.)
- OUTLINE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE WORK OF JOHN THE BAPTIST AND THAT OF JESUS CHRIST
- STATE SEVEN SIMILARITIES IN THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE BIRTH OF JOHN THE BAPTIST AND JESUS CHRIST
- STATE THE TEACHING OF JOHN THE BAPTIST AS THE FORERUNNER OF JESUS CHRIST
- EXPLAIN FOUR ROLES OF JOHN THE BAPTIST AS A LINK BETWEEN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT
- CHALLENGES JOHN THE BAPTIST FACED DURING HIS MINISTRY
- GIVE SEVEN TEACHINGS OF JOHN THE BAPTIST AND ALSO ABOUT JESUS CHRIST - K.C.S.E C.R.E NOTES
- OUTLINE WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST TO HIS DISCIPLES
- STATE FIVE WAYS IN WHICH JOHN THE BAPTIST PREPARED THE WAY FOR THE MESSIAH
NARRATE THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER.(LUKE 8:4-15)
- When crowds from every town came to him, Jesus gave the parable of the sower.
- A sower went to the field to sow seeds.
- Some of the seeds fall on the footpath where they were stepped on and eaten by the birds of air.
- Some fell on a fertile soil, they grew and bore fruits.
- The seed is the word of God.
- The sower represents God or his messengers.
- The seeds that fell along the path are those people who heard the word then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts that they may not believe and be saved.
- The seeds that fell on rocks are those who when they hear the word of God, they receive it with joy but for a while, because when temptations comes they fall away.
- The seeds that fell on the thrones are those who hear the word but as they go their way they are carried away by the cares and riches and pleasures of life and their fruits do not mature.
- Those that fell on fertile are those who hear the word of God, hold it in their hearts and bring forth fruits.
- Some fell on the rocky ground they grew up a little but they dried up due to lack of moisture.
Atika School Team
Christian Approaches To Human Sexuality Marriage
Christian Approaches To Law Order Justice
CHRISTIAN APPROACHES TO LEISURE
Christian Approaches To Selected Issues Related To Modern Science
Christian Approaches To Wealth
Christian Approaches To Work
Christian Lives Today
Christians Approaches To Wealth
Christian Teaching On Leisure
Christian Teaching On Work
CREATION AND THE FALL OF MAN
C.R.E FORM 2 NOTES
CRE NOTES FORM 2
CRE PAPER 1
C.R.E QUESTIONS ON ENVIRONMENT
C.R.E REVIEW QUESTIONS
CRE REVIEW QUESTIONS 1
CRE REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 - Page 2
CRE REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 - Page 3
CRE REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 - Page 4
CRE REVIEW QUESTIONS 1 - Page 5
DEATH AND RESURRECTION
Faith And God’s Promises: Abraham
Gifts Of The Holy Spirit
GOD’S PLAN OF SALVATION OF MANKIND
John The Baptist
LEADERSHIP IN ISRAEL: DAVID AND SOLOMON
Lessons Christians Learn
LOYALTY TO GOD: ELIJAH
LOYALTY TO GOD – PROPHET ELIJAH
Marriage And Family
MEANING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Nature Of God
Old Testament Prophesies About The Messiah
Order And Justice
Prophecies About The Messiah
Qualities Of Prophet Elijah That A Christian Leader Should Posses
Reasons As To Why Man Is Considered The Most Special Creation Of God
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LIVING TOWARDS GOD
RITES OF PASSAGE
Selected Aspects In African Religious Heritage: African Concept Of God
Selected Old Testament Prophets And Their Teachings
Similarities Between The Traditional African Myths And The Biblical Accounts Of Creation
SINAI COVENANT: MOSES
Spirits And Ancestors
Steps In The Formation/ Sealing Of The Covenant
Summary Of The Ways In Which God Took Care Of The Israelites During The Exodus
Teachings From The Biblical Creation Accounts
Technology And Environment
The Call Of Abraham (Gen. 12:1-9)
The Galilean Ministry
The Infancy And Early Life Of Jesus
THE JERUSALEM MINISTRY
The Journey To Jerusalem
THE KINGDOM OF GOD
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
THE UNITY OF BELIEVERS
Traditional African Society
Wealth And Poverty