Standard 4 science Model 8202020001
1. Which statement about the sky is CORRECT?
A. The sun moves from East to West
B. Stars are always found in the sky.
C. The sun is nearer to the earth than clouds.
D. The moon has only one shape.
2. Akumu was playing by dipping some materials In water in a basin as shown below.
The above observation was due to the difference in:
3. All the following materials will add up to humus EXCEPT ___
A. decaying plants
B. dead parts of animals
C. plastics buried in the soil
D. animals waste.
4. Sheep are reared for:
5. A four year old boy has all the following types of teeth EXCEPT:
6. Which of the following is NOT a source of heat energy?
B. Cooking gas. .-
C. Glow worms.
7. A piece of wire can be made to float by:
A. Rolling it into a ball of wire.
B. Cutting it into a small piece.
C. Attaching feathers to it.
D. Attaching it to a stone.
8. Which of the following is NOT used to clean teeth?
A. Tooth paste
C. Soft stick
9. Which one of the following ‘s the largest water storage?
10. Which of the following is NOT a vegetable?
Standard 4 science Model 8192020001
1. Joyce observed a cat give birth. This characteristic is: ________
2. Weeds should be controlled:
A. during the dry season.
B. during the rainy season.
C. when they dry up.
D. whenever they germinate.
3. Soil was added into a container with water and the results were as shown below.
From the experiment. It was concluded that:
A. air has water
B. soil has air
C. water has soil
D. water has air.
4, Which of the following is NOT a use of light?
A. Drying cereals
C. During photosynthesis process.
D. To discourage pests.
5. Solids, liquids and gases are states of:
6. Which of the materials below is NOT an artificial source of light?
7. The BEST method of controlling weeds on a nursery is by ____
A. use of chemicals
8. A Std 5 pupil classified crops as shown below
Which two crops were WRONGLY classified?
A. Groundnuts and cabbage
B. Banana and cassava
C. Peas and cabbage
D. Oranges and cabbage
9. Which of the materials below CANNOT be used to make wheels of a toy car?
A. Old slippers.
B. Blocks of wool.
C. Bottle tops.
D. Maize cobs.
10. A combination of many signs and symptoms of diseases is called:
Standard 4 science Model 8182020001
1. Which of the following BEST describes the surrounding of an animal?
2. A human being develops _____ sets of teeth in the mouth.
3. Which of the following DOES NOT show a use of water in a farm?
B. Keeping fish.
C. Washing utensils.
D. Spraying pesticides.
4. Std 4 pupils heated garden soil in an open tin until they saw smoke. Which component of the soil were they investigating?
5. The type of tooth represented by the diagram below:
A. are the last to grow.
B. are useful inholding food.
C. are between the canines and incisors.
D. arc eight in human beings.
6. Pressure in liquids:
A. increase with depth
B. decrease with depth
C. increase with height
D. depends on the size of the tap.
7. The type of tool drawn is BEST maintained by:-
A. repairing the handle
C. storing it properly
8. Which of the animals below does NOT remove liquid waste in form of urine?
9. Poultry kept for meat production are known as:
10. Protective nutrients are obtained from:
A. Legumes and cereals
B. Vegetables and fruits
C. Fruits and cereals
D. legumes and vegetables,
Standard 4 Science Model 8172020001
1. In factories, water is used to: ____
A. water flowers.
B. mix substances.
C. row boats ferrying wood.
D. make fountains.
2. Four std 4 pupils carried packed lunch as shown below
Kathule __ Maize, beans. Banana
Ndinda ___ Chapati, peas, beef
Momanyi __ Peas, rice, potatoes
Lagat ____ Kales, ugali, pawpaw
Who among them carried a balanced diet?
3. The soil is important in all the following ways EXCEPT:
A. source of air.
B. supports growth of food crops.
C. home to certain animals.
D. supports growth of crops.
4. Which of the animals below does NOT fly?
C. Glow worm
5. The tooth problem illustrated below is ______
A. Tooth cavities
C. Bleeding gums
D. Tooth decay
6. Crops grown for their threads are called fibre crops They are grouped under crops.
7. Which of the following groups of food show energy giving food ONLY?
A. Cabbage, tomato, carrot.
B. Cooking oil, sugar, rice.
C. Beef, pork, beans.
D. Green bananas, yams, orange
8. When brushing our teeth, the brush should mainly be moved:-
A. upward and downward. .
B. across and upward.
C. across and downward.
D. Across only.
9. Std 4 pupils observed clouds which had the following characteristics:
i) covered the whole sky.
ii) irregular shaped.
iii) dark grey in colour.The above clouds indicate:
A. fine weather
B. heavy rainfall .
C. windy condition
D . showers.
10. The soil with the largest particles is:-
Standard 4 science Model 8162020001
1. Which type of teeth is used in the grinding and chewing of food?
A. Canines and incisors.
B. Premolars and incisors
C. Canines and molars
D. Molars and premolars.
2. Which of the following is NOT a symptom and sign of gum disease?
A. Bad breath
C. Red swollen gums
D. Tooth sensitivity
3. A weed is:
A. a plant growing where it is not wanted.
B. a useful plant.
C. an important plant
D. a poisonous plant.
4. Which statement is NOT correct about cumulus clouds?
A. They may form high in the sky
B. They are Common in fine weather.
C. They have no specific shape.
D. They usually cover the whole sky.
5. A Std 4 pupil observed the sky at night. The pupil was LIKELY to have seen:-
A. clouds, sun, stars.
B. stars, moon, clouds.
C. stars, sun, clouds
D. blue sky, clouds, moon.
6. Which of the livestock below is CORRECTLY matched with its product?
7. Which of the following is NOT a phase of the moon?
D. First quarter
8. Which of the following foods is harmful to our teeth?
9. Which of the phase of the moon below is CORRECTLY matched with its name?
10. Which of the following CANNOT be used to transport water?