Farm Tools and Equipment (7 Lessons)
Biotic Factors influencing Agricultural Production
- Pests - Destructive organisms which destroy crops.
- Parasites - These are invertebrates which live in or on other living organisms.
- Decomposers - Organisms which act on plants and animal tissues to form manure.
- Pathogens - Micro-organisms which cause diseases.
- Predators - Animals that kill and feed on other animals.
- Pollinators - They transfer pollen grains from the stamens to the pistil of a flower.
- Nitrogen fixing bacteria -They are micro-organisms which convert atmospheric nitrogen to nitrates ready for use by the plants.
Climatic Factors (weather elements)
Climatic Factors influencing Agricultural Production
Atmospheric conditions of a place at a given time period.
Weather conditions of a place observed and recorded for a period of 30-40 years.
Edaphic Factors Influencing Agriculture
Importance of Soil
Humans as a Factor Influencing Agriculture
- Human factors
- Biotic factors
- Climatic factors
- Edaphic factors.
Sub topics of Factors Influencing Agriculture
Specific Objectives to Factors Influencing Agriculture
Factors Influencing Agriculture (24 Lessons)
By the end of the topic, the learner should be able to:
Introduction to Agriculture Questions and Answers on Topic
What is plantation farming system?
State the main characteristics of shifting cultivation
- When fertility of the soil goes down crops are not grown again until fertility is restored.
- Plenty of land is available to the farming community
AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS 1
CROP PRODUCTION I (LAND PREPARATION)
Factors Influencing Agriculture
Farm Tools And Equipment
Form 1 Level
Intro. To Agriculture
IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE
KCSE Agric Topics
LIVESTOCK HEALTH & DISEASES
LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION 1 [COMMON BREEDS]
SOIL FERTILITY I (ORGANIC MANURES)
SYSTEMS OF FARMING
Quick Agriculture Revision Notes
|File Size:||337 kb|
|File Size:||718 kb|
|File Size:||615 kb|
|File Size:||289 kb|
|File Size:||187 kb|
|File Size:||136 kb|