The Trial Balance given below was extracted from the books of Rakwaro Enterprises on
Features of co-operative societies include:
State the relevant books of original entry into which information extracted from the source documents given below would be recorded
- Purchases journal
- Returns inwards journal
- Cash receipts journal/cash book
- Purchases journal.
Outline four factors that Chemichemi Dairies would consider when selecting a channel to distribute their fresh milk.
channel to distribute their fresh milk include:
- Length of the channel due to perishability of the milk.
- The geographical spread of their customers.
- The resources at the firms’ disposal like milk c ling plants,distribution vans
- Pricing of the milk and cost of the channel.The nature of competition.
- The prevailing market risks.
- The government policy on milk distribution.
- Needs to free storage space.
Highlight four functions of the Department of External Trade in the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives.
- Develop bilateral and multilateral trade agreements to accord Preferential treatment to Kenyan exports.
- Educating Kenyan exporters on trade regulations and practices in other countries.
- Intervene on behalf of Kenyan traders in between Kenyan traders and foreign clients.
- Arrange for trade fairs, shows and exhibition for Kenyan goods in foreign countries
- Expand and diversity foreign markets for Kenyan goods
- Inform Kenyan producers available selling opportunities in other countries.
- road side selling
- Open air market trading.
- Automatic vending by use of a machine
- On-line selling
- High disparities in income distribution.
- High population growth rate.
- Dominance of the subsistence sector.
- High levels of poverty
- low levels of savings and investment.
- High levels of unemployment.
- Low levels of technology.
- Over reliance on developed countries.
- Under utilization of natural resources
- It gives a personal touch which elicits positive response from potential clients.
- It can be used to target specific groups of customers.
- It is flexible since the message can be tailored to suit the needs of each client.
- Allows for demonstration on product usage.
- Source of immediate feedback from the buyer.
- Buyer’s questions/concerns are immediately addressed
- It leads to more sales since customers may be convinced persuasive salespeople.
State the circumstance under which each of the following terms of trade would be applied in foreign trade.
- In Bond
- Free Alongside Ship
applied in foreign trade are:
- Franco: when the price quoted covers all expenses till goods reach the premises of the buyer
- Ex-works: when the price quoted only covers the fraction and while they are within the manufacturer’s warehouse.
- In bond: when the prices quoted covers all expenses until goods are delivered in a bonded warehouse in the country of destination.
- Free alongside ship (F.A): Where the price quoted cover all expenses to the point where the goods are next to the ship.
Factors that make office managers to communicate in writing to their staff
- Confidentiality. The confidentiality of the message is enhanced by
- written means
- Accuracy. message is delivered in its original form without
- Completeness of message. Written forms may be able to pass detailed
- Future reference. The message may form a basis for decision making
- in the future.
- Reliability of the means This ¡s a trusted means of communicating
- in institutions.
- Economy. It is cost effective since it is affordable.
- Accessibility. It ¡s easily accessible to all staff members.
- Acceptability.it is the acceptable means of official communication in
Functions of an office in an organisation
- An administration centre for the organization.
- The communication centre for the organization.
- A Centre for processing data.
- Production and reproduction of documents.
- management of records
- Public relations centre for the organization
- Safe guarding of the organization’s assets.
- Personnel functions are coordinated from the office
Roles played by the Nairobi Securities Exchange in the Kenyan economy
- A measure of the country’s economic performance as reflected in the prices of shares.
- Sets the price/value of securities based on the forces of demand and supply.
- Ensures safety of transactions since the financial health listed companies is usually verified.
- Promotes economic growth through disinvestment and reinvestment
- Promotes local ownership through sale and purchase of shares.
- Provides ready market for sale and purchase shares hence improving liquidity.
- Promotes saving and investment among the population
Chain Of Distribution
Channels Of Distribution
Demand And Supply
Economic Development And Planning
Form 1 Level
Form 2 Level
Form 3 Level
Form 4 Level
Forms Of Business Units
Forms Of Payment
GOODS AND SERVICES
Government And Business
Introduction To Business Studies
Means Of Payment
Money And Banking
Population And Employment
SALES AND MARKETING
Satisfaction Of Human Wants
Size And Location Of A Firm
Sources Documents And Books Of Original Entry
The Cash Book