Advantages of public relations
Disadvantages of public relations
5. Point of purchase (Window) display
This is where the items are arranged in the shops strategically, allowing the customers to see them easily. The arrangement is meant to attract the customer’s attention and induce them to buy goods as they pass close to the shop
Advantages of Point of purchase display
Disadvantages of point of purchase
6. Direct mail Advertisement
A form of advertisement which is sent to the potential customers directly in the form of a mail, for example the pricelist being sent to the potential customers.
Advantages of direct mail advertisement
Disadvantages of direct mail advertisement
A booklet that gives information about the product that the organization deals in. It gives the description about the product, the picture as well as the prices of the product.
Advantages of catalogue
Disadvantages of catalogue
8. Guarantee (warranty issue)
An assurance given to the customer that the product will serve as expected if used according to the instructions given by the manufacturer. For the guaranteed period the seller will be willing to maintain repair or replace the product for the customer
Disadvantages of guarantee
This is a reduction in price of the commodity, allowing the buyer to pay less than what he would have paid the goods.
Types of discount
10. Loss leaderSelling the price below the market price to entice the customer to buy
11. Psychological sellingPlaying with the customer’s psychology in terms of pricing by quoting odd prices such as 999, 199, 99, etc. to convince the customer that the price has been reduced
12. Credit facilitiesWhere the customer is allowed to take a product for his consumption and pay for it later. This entices the customer to buy more of the product
13. After sales serviceThese are services offered to the buyer after the goods have been bought. They may be in terms of packaging, transportation or installation which may be offered to the customers free of charge. This makes the customer to buy more goods with confidence
These are activities carried out to increase the sales volume of a business. They are activities out of the ordinary routine of business that is carried out by the seller to increase his sales volume.
The methods of carrying out sales promotion includes all the methods of carrying out product promotion as discussed earlier, that is, shows and trade fair, showrooms, free gifts, free sample, personal selling, advertisement, window display, credit facilities, after sales services, etc.
Factors to consider when choosing a promotion method
Ethical issues in product promotion
These are rules and regulations to be followed when carrying out promotion to avoid violating other people or businesses right. They include;
Trends in product promotion
The following are some changes that have taken place to improve the product promotion activities
Business Studies Notes Form 1 - 4
Atika School Team
Can't find what you want? Use this Search box.
P.O Box 1189 - 40200 Kisii
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org