What lessons do political leaders learn from greatness of King David?
1. David knew God and had personal relationship
Political leaders should have personal relationship with God and ask God's guidance everytime they pursue their roles.
2. David obeyed the prophets of God
Political leaders should listen to concerns from religious leaders and respect them. Also respect the word of God and His messengers.
3. David was remorseful when he did mistakes
Political leaders should ask for forgiveness when they do wrong, they should also apologize when they go astray and accept to be guided.
4. David followed God’s commandments
Political leaders should obey God's commandments
5. David united Israel and expanded territorial boundaries
Political leaders should strive to unite all people in the world so that the world can have one political union so that we can solve our problems in unison.
6. david captured Jerusalem from the Jebusites
Political leaders should be in the fore front in fighting for their people's welfare and to protect the interests of their citizens and stability of their regions.
7. david made peace treaties with his NEIGHBORS
Political leaders should be led by peaceful instincts in their endeavors. They should pursue peace at the expense of war.
8. david composed psalms which are used during worship
Political leaders should write memoirs and biographies to sensitize young and upcoming leaders on the need for good leadership.
9. david made preparations for the construction of the temple
Political leaders should emulate David in getting involved in the construction of houses of God
10. david fought and killed goliath
No matter how big the danger is, political leaders should be ready to sacrifice their lives and serve their people. They should be in the fore front in any fight that guarantees justice, liberty and peace.
KCSE 2015 QUESTION 3B: