The KCPE Past Papers 2018 in PDF
This is a collection of KCPE Past papers 2018 Questions and attached with Answers far below. If you are on the web searching for free KCPE Past papers, Answers and reports for year 2018, then you are on the right site where you can download them for free and in PDF format.
To proceed, check listing below.
K.C.P.E PAST PAPERS: 2012 SOCIAL STUDIES REPORT
The number of candidates that sat for the 2012 KCPE social studies increased from 766,355 in 2011 to 811,688 in 2012
Candidates General Performance
candidates ‘performance for the last four years
The following observations are made from the table above:
KCPE Social Studies Syllabus Coverage in 2012
The above table shows that the distribution of items according to the weighting of each topic in the syllabus was good. The three main topics covering a significant proportion in the syllabus were well represented: Resources and Economical activities (32%), Physical Environment (18%) and Political developments and systems 13%. Topics that are short and less emphasized in the syllabus have been given low representation: Citizenship (2%) and Democracy and Human rights (2%).
Distribution of Cognitive Skills
Distribution of cognitive Skills in The 2012 KCPE Social Studies
As shown in the table above, all levels of cognitive domain were tested. The distribution of the cognitive skills was even, based on the levels. The middle level skills had more questions; Comprehension 20%, Application 23% and Analysis 27%. The low level and high level skill had fewer questions, 10% of the total syllabus coverage.
Analysis of Performance per Item
From the above graph, the general performance per item was good. Only three items had a facility index of below 35%. Any item where the candidate scoring was below 35% was perceived as poor performance. These items are: 18(19.78%), 19(31.80%), 47(21.88%).
Questions with a facility index of 35 % and below
The items that performed poorly as per the facility index are discussed below. The discussion will focus on ideas, skills and thinking processes that the candidate might have gone through to come up with the answer. The asterisks * denotes the correct response.
|% CHOOSING PATTERN||31.80||20.23||24.69||22.01|
The main reason why petroleum products are transported using a pipeline is that it
- A. reduces the number of heavy vehicles on roads
- B. costs less than using other forms of transport
- C. protects the petrol from being stolen
- D. ensures that petrol is safe from fire.
|% CHOOSING PATTERN||19.35||21.88||10.89||46.57|
- The general performance of the paper was good, most items behaved well in performance. Only five items were scored above 85% and five items were scored below 40%.
- There was an improvement in performance (mean 37.32) as compared to 2011 (mean 33.13) despite the increase in candidature.
- Teachers should keep up the good work and encourage the candidates to read questions carefully to avoid getting mixed up.
- Teachers should discourage rote learning, only questions that required a higher level of cognitive skills were performed poorly.
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2012 SCIENCE REPORT
GENERAL PERFORMANCE OF CANDIDATES
GENERAL PERFORMANCE OF CANDIDATES
|MEAN RAW MARK||29.72||27.62||29.96||29.82||33.63||32.02|
|SN||TOPIC||NO. OF ITEMS||PERCENTAGE|
|3.0||WEATHER AND ASTRONOMY||2||04|
|7.0||MAKING WORK EASIER||4||08|
|8.0||PROPETIES OF MATTER||8||16|
|10.0||FOOD AND NUTRITION||4||08|
ANALYSIS OF PERFORMANCE IN SCIENCE ITEMS
Question with a facility Index of 30% and below
% of candidates choosing the correct response
(i) Making the slope gentle.
(ii) Reducing the effort applied.
(iii) Changing direction of the force applied.
(iv) Reducing friction.
Which of the statements apply to a single fixed pulley?
A. (i) and (iv).
B. (i) and (ii).
C. (ii) and (iii).
D. (iii) and (iv).
|% CHOOSING THE OPTION||7.52||7.83||57.83||25.58||1.19|
|MEAN MARK IN OTHER QUESTIONS||22.64||25.19||33.95||34.78||26.36|
- A. Touching sockets with wet hands.
- B. Putting pencils in sockets.
- C. Overloading the sockets.
- D. Putting iron nails in sockets.
|% CHOOSING THE OPTION||7.16||61.82||18.75||11.01||1.2|
|MEAN MARK IN OTHER QUESTIONS||23.79||33.22||32.87||29.71||26.94|
- A. increase the growth of weeds
- B. release specific nutrients to the soil
- C. destroy micro-organism in the soil
- D. cause pollution of the soil.
|% CHOOSING THE OPTION||19.85||68.5||7.82||2.43||1.34|
|MEAN MARK IN OTHER QUESTIONS||36.03||32.06||24.94||23.58||26.90|
KCPE PAST PAPERS
QUESTION ON TOPIC: MATHEMATICS