KCPE ENGLISH 2005
KCPE KISWAHILI 2005
KCPE MATHEMATICS 2005
KCPE MARKING SCHEME 2005
KCPE SCIENCE 2005
KCPE SOCIAL STUDIES 2005
1.❯ Place value and total value
2.❯ Reading and Writing numbers in symbols and in word
2004 Question 1
2004 Question 3
2004 Question 3
2005 Question 1
2005 Question 2
2005 Question 3
2006 Question 1
2006 Question 5
2007 Question 1
2007 Question 2
2008 Question 1
2008 Question 5
2009 Question 1
2009 Question 10
2010 Question 1
2010 Question 4
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION K.C.P.E 2005 QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS
61. Adam and Eve re the greatest in God’s creation because they ____
62. Who among the following people was commanded by God to build an ark?
63. Which one of the following promises was made by God to Abraham during his call? He promised that he would _____
64.God said I am whom I am (Exodus 3:14) These words were spoken to Moses when he was ___
65. The main lesson the Israelites learnt about God when He gave them manna during the Exodus is that He is ___
66. Moses poured blood on the Israelites during the Covenant at Mount Sinai because he wanted them to ____
67. Who among the following people was a judge In Israel?
68. Who among the following kings of Israel was a musician?
69. The prophet who showed faith in God at Mount Carmel is ____
70. Which of the following reasons best explains why angel Gabriel announced that Mary’s son was to be holy? He was to ____
71. King Herod wanted to know the place baby Jesus was born in order to go and
72. Which one of the following statements is a teaching of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount?
73. The Pharisees and the Scribes condemned Jesus for healing on the Sabbath because they thought that ___
74. Which one of the following parables of Jesus teaches about prayer? The parable of the ___
75. After Jesus healed the ten lepers, the one who went back to thank him was a ___
76. Jesus asked his disciples to pray at the Mount of Olives because ho wanted them to
77. Who among the following people prepared the body of Jesus for burial?
78. Unless I see the scars of the nails in his hands and put my fingers on those scars and my hand in his side, I will not believe. (John 20:25) When did Thomas speak these words?
79. Paul the apostle advises Christians to obey those in authority because ___
80. Which one of the following beliefs about God is found in both Christianity and traditional African religion?
81. Which one of the following acts was performed by Priests during worship In traditional African Communities?
82. In traditional African communities, initiation ceremonies were held to show that the
83. The living dead in traditional African communities were mainly remembered through holding dancing ceremonies
84. Which one of the following rituals was performed when a baby was born in traditional African communities?
85. Peninah visits the sick and gives them food. The fruit of the Holy Spirit she demonstrates is
86. Kelvin your deskmate has lost your pencil. As a Christian you should .
87. Mary is a rich lady who has poor neighbours. As a Christian, the best advice to give her is that she should .
88. Margaret a standard eight pupil finds out that her classmate is taking alcohol. What s the best action for her to take?
89. Timothy, your deskmate tells you that he hates doing homework. As a Christian, what advice would you give him? Tell him to
90. Which one of the following activities did Johann Ludwig Krapf involve himself in as a missionary in Kenya?
social studies kcpe 2005 questions & answers
1. The general direction of the murram pit from the Chiefs Camp is ___________
2. The length of the tarmac road from the junction at Ama town t the tea factory is approximately
3. Which one of the following factors makes the North Eastern part of Am Area suitable for tea growing?
4. Which one of the following Local Authorities administers Ama Area?
5. The main source of water for the residents of Ama town is ________
6. Three of the following are economic activities practiced in Ama Area. Which one is not?
7. A person has set fire to the Rest House in Ama town. The most appropriate action that the owner should take is to report the incident to
8. Which one of the following groups represents a single parent family?
9. Which one of the following is the main reason why the Somali migrated into Kenya during the pre-colonial period? .
10.Traditional healers wore special charms in order to ______
11. Which one of the following group of industries consists of service industries?
12 Which one of the following occasions brought people of different ages together in most African communities during pre-colonial period?
13: The main problem that has contributed to the decline in coffee production in Kenya is
14. The diagram below represents an instrument that is used to measure an element of weather
Which one of the following elements of weather is measured using the instrument shown in the diagram?
16. The government encourages the development of Jua Kali industries in Kenya mainly to
17. In which one of the following areas in Kenya are mangrove forests found?
18. Which one of the following statements correctly describes the climate of the station?
19. Which one of the following activities of the European colonial rulers had a good effect on Africans?
20. Which one of the following statements is true of age groups among African communities in Kenya?
21. Which one of the following Kenyan communities is correctly matched with its place of origin? Community Place of origin
22. Who among the following traditional African leaders fought against the establishment of British Colonial rule in Kenya?
23. Which one of the following countries in Africa was colonised by the French?
24. Below are factors that influenced the origin of a town in Kenya
25.The Almoravids attacked the Kingdom of Old Ghana in order to .
Use the map of Africa below to answer questions 26 to 29
26. The position of Khartoum is ______
27. Which one of the following types of climate is experienced in the area marked P?
28.The river marked Q Is _____
29.The traditional kingdom that existed in the area marked R was founded by ______
30. The best way of reducing road accidents in Kenya is by ____
31. The African communities that resisted European colonization were defeated mainly because ______
32. The horticultural crops that are grown in Kenya mainly for export are _______
33. Which one of the following was a function of the Kabaka of Buganda during the pre-colonial period?
34. Which of the following is a reason why the Maasai collaborated with the British during the establishment of colonial rule?
A. They wanted to strengthen their trade links with the British.
B. They wanted to get employment in the settler farms. .
C. They wanted the support of the British against their enemies.
D. They wanted to get modern education.
35. Which one of the following statements is true about the population of both Kenya and India?
A. It LS mainly made up of old people.
B, The rate of population increase is low.
C. Most people live in town.
D. It is mainly made up of young people.
36. The cheapest method of preserving fish is by
C. sun drying
D. deep frying
37. Which one of the following was a way of treating the sick in the traditional African societies?
A. Drinking porridge
B. Eating moat.
C. Performing physical exercises.
D. Using herbs. .
38. Which one of the following statements is true about farming in Kenya during the pre-colonial period?
A. Fertilizer was used in the growing of crops.
B. Most of crops were grown for sale
C. Communities practiced shifting cultivation
D. Most communities grew crops through irrigation.
39. Which one of the following would be the best way of controlling rural-urban migration in Kenya?
A. Encouraging setting up of industries in the rural areas.
B. Advising the unemployed people to stay in the rural areas.
C. Providing free food to people in the rural areas.
D. Providing tree primary education in the rural areas.
40. The highland areas of Kenya have high population density because ___________
A. there is enough pasture for livestock
B. there is enough space for settlement
C. the climate is warm
D. the soils are fertile
41. Which one of ‘he following was an effect of the Second World War on African Nationalism in Kenya?
A. It made the Africans stop working in the Europeans farms
B. It increased the African& desire for independence
C. It led to the Africans being nominated to the Legislative Council
D. It reduced the African's dislike for the Europeans
42. Which one of the following statements is true about trees in the planted forests in Kenya?
A. The trees have thorns.
B. Most of the trees have climbers.
C. Most of the trees mature fast.
D. The trees are of different types.
43. The United Nations Organisation was formed in 1945 mainly to .
A. promote democracy ¡n the world
B. promote economic cooperation among nations
C. promote Human Rights in all the countries
D. promote peace in the world
44. The political party which led Ghana to independence in 1 957 was .
A. the Nation& Liberation Movement (NIM)
B. the Convention People’s Party (CPPI
C. the Northern Peoples’ Party (NPP)
D. the United Gold Coast Convention (UGCC)
45. Below are statements about the achievement of an African head of state;
46. Three of the following statements are true about the Commonwealth. Which one is not?
47. The main benefit of tourism to Kenya Is that It ____
48. Which one of the following is a reason why maize is widely grown in Kenya and Tanzania?
50. Below are statements about a mineral in Kenya.
51.ln Kenya, 12th December 1964 is remembered as the day when the country became
52. Which one of the following African countries is correctly matched with its first president?
53. In Kenya. laws are made by ______
54. One parliamentary duty of the president of Kenya is to ______
55. Which one of the following countries is a member of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)?
56. Policemen on patrol rescue suspected thieves from mob justice in order to ____
57. The main source of revenue for the Government of Kenya is ______
58. Three of the following are national philosophies in Kenya. Which one is not?
69. Nomination of members of parliament in Kenya is done by _______
60. Which one of the following courts in Kenya is the lowest?
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
KCPE PAST PAPERS 2005 SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Which one of the following ¡s NOT required when finding the density of a regular solid?
Which one of the following statements about water is TRUE?
The BEST way of handling tin cans after using the contents is by:
Which one of the following pairs of levers has the position of load, fulcrum and effort as a forearm?
Which one of the following statements is about a windsock is TRUE? A wind sock
Which one of the following NEED NOT be the same when comparing capillarity in different types of soil?
Which one of the following characteristics of sandy soil DOES NOT explain why water drains through it easily?
Which one of the following drugs has similar effects to miraa (khat) when abused?
Which one of the following correctly shows the path taken by urine from the kidneys?
Which one of the following groups consist of only plants with fibrous roots?
The component of air used in making plant food is
Which one of the following lists consists of only drugs of abuse that are prohibited in Kenya?
Which two of the following processes involve loss of heat to the surroundings?
The leaf of cactus plant
Which one of the following DOES NOT affect floating and sinking of an object?
Which one of the following soil components is LEAST affected when soil in a container is heated?
Which one of the following DOES NOT undergo the stages of egg, larva, pupa and adult?
Which one of the following substances will form a salt and water only when mixed with an acid?
Which one of the following pairs of substances will give the same colour when mixed with flower extract
Sifting, picking and sieving are some methods of separating mixtures. Which one of the following mixtures can be separated by all the three methods?
Which one of the following is NOT a reason why drugs should be stored in their properly labelled container? To avoid
Which one of the following material is magnetic?
The following are steps followed by pupils when making a certain tool.
(i) Flattening one end of a nail
(ii) Fixing the flattened end into a piece of wood.
(iii) Cutting off the head of the nail.
(iv) Flattening and sharpening the exposed nail.
The tool is a
The diagram below represents a loaded wheelbarrow
The effort needed to push the wheelbarrow can be reduced by increasing the length of the part between
A. P and R
B. Q and R
C. R and S
D. S and T
The diagram below represents an arrangement of gear wheels
When wheel H is rotated once in a clockwise direction
K.C.P.E PAST PAPERS 2005 SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Which one of the following sources of energy is renewable?
Which one of the following is the MAIN reason why the inside of a solar drier is painted black?
The image formed in a pinhole camera is:
In a box guitar high sound can be produced without changing the tension of the strings by
Below is an energy transformation: Chemical —> electrical —> heat —> light
In which one of the following does the energy transformation shown take place when used to
Flowers P, Q, R and S have the following characteristics:
P: Large and loosely held anthers
Q: Presence of nectar
R: Strong scent
S. Light pollen grains
Which two flowers are wind pollinated?
A fish is able to move EASILY in water because it
Which one of the following plants stores food in the stem?
A food chain in grassland is shown below
Grass —>Grasshoppers---> Frogs —> Snakes —>Secretary birds.
Which one of the following would most likely happen immediately all snakes are killed?
The diagram below represents a section of a heart of a mammal.
Which one of the following statements is TRUE?
The following are the activities which are carried out when comparing strengths of acids in fruit juices.
(i) counting the number of drops of each fruit juice required to change the color
(ii) adding the different fruit juice drop by drop in each of the bottle tops
(iii) adding equal amounts of indicator in each of the bottle tops.
(iv) putting equal amounts of wood ash solution into different bottle tops
Which one of the following is the CORRECT order of the activities?
The diagram below represents a setup that can be used to demonstrate a certain property of air.
Which property of air is demonstrated by the set up?
Which one of the following will pollute water ONLY?
The MAIN reason why the government conserves wildlife is to have
When an object is thrown up in the air ¡t falls because it
The diagram below represents a simple machine in use.
The machine is an example of
The reason for using rollers when moving heavy objects on a floor is to
The diagram below represents a weather instrument constructed by a group of pupils who made a mistake while constructing it
The mistake made during the construction was
Which of the following planets are in the second, fifth and eighth positions respectively from the Sun?
The function of plasma is to
Which pair of characteristics is common to lizard, toad, hawk and platypus?
The table below shows characteristics of four different fruits U, V, W and X
Which one of the fruits is likely to be dispersed by exploding?
The diagram below represents a foot of a certain bird.
Which one of the following parts of a flower is NOT CORRECTLY matched with its function?
A glass containing ice cubes was placed in the open. After some time the outer surface of the glass became wet. This shows that
A. Air contains water vapour
B. Ice melts to form water
C. Air is a mixture of gases
D. air can be cooled.