KCPE PAST PAPERS 2009: C.R.E QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
PART II: RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
SECTION A CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
61. From the Biblical stories of creation in Genesis 1 and 2, God created Adam, and Eve to
62. The main reason why Noah built an ark was to make him be able to
63. "Leave your country, your relatives and your father’s home and go to a land that I am going to show you.” (Genesis 12 : 1)
God spoke these words to
64. Which one of the following happenings took place during the night marking the start of the Exodus?
65. Which of the following commandments was broken by the Israelites when they worshipped the golden bull calf at Mount Sinai?
66. Who among the following people was anointed as the first King of Israel?
67. Jerusalem was considered a Jewish religious centre of worship because
68. Who among the following couples were the parents of Prophet Samuel?
69. But the Lord said to me, “Do not say that you are too young, but go to the people I send you to “ (Jeremiah 1 : 7)
The main lesson. Christians learn from this is that
70. Which one of the following happenings took place on the eighth day after Jesus was born?
71. From the incident when King Herod failed to kill baby Jesus, Christians learn that
72. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan. The main lesson Christians learn from this is to
73. Which one of the following statements from the New Testament is a beatitude?
74. The parable of the widow and the judge teaches Christians to ________
75. The main lesson Christians learn from the miracle of the raising of Lazarus is to ______
76. The army officer who saw Jesus dying on the cross described him as a ______
77. The two disciples whom Jesus met after his resurrection were on their way to
78. Which of the following events took place on the day of Pentecost?
79. Who among the following people was chosen to replace Judas as an apostle of Christ?
80. “I see heaven opened and the Son of Man standing at the right side of God”. (Acts 7:56).
These words were spoken by Stephen when he was ___________-
81.What was Saul going to do in Damascus when he was blinded by a strong light? He was going to _______
82. Which one of the following types of worship is common in both Christianity and traditional African religion?
83. Three of the following activities in traditional African Communities show that there is life after death. Which one does not?
84. In Traditional African Communities children are told stories mainly to __________
85. Which one of the following practices would best show how a Christian can care for the environment?
86. Which one of the following ways shows the right use of wealth by Christians?
87. Which one of the following activities by Christian best shows how they can use their day of rest?
88. Which one of the following is a reason why a Christian should take part in group work? To _____
89. While waiting for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education Examination results, Daniel is asked by an old lady for a hand in marriage.
As a Christian the best action to take is to ________________
90. After Agnes, a standard eight pupil, has bought a Kilogram of sugar, the shopkeeper refuses to live her the correct change. As a Christian the best action for her to take is to ___________
SOCIAL STUDIES KCPE PAST PAPERS 2009 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Study the map of RAMALI area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. The natural vegetation found around Kera market is ____
2. The approximate area of cotton farm is
3. River Ramali flows from
4. Which one of the following social services is provided at Pori market?
5. In which one of the following parts of Ramali area are most of the settlements found?
6. The main economic activity carried out in Ramali area is ______
7. The climate of Ramali area can be described as
8. In traditional African societies, the youth were taught moral laws mainly to
9. Which one of the following statements is true about traditional industries during the pre-colonial period?
10. The diagram below represents a physical feature. Use it to answer the question that follows: -
The feature marked X is
11. During the pre-colonial period, the Baganda were ruled by
12. Which one of the following methods of colonial administration was used by the British in Northern Nigeria?
13. in which of the following months is the sun overhead at the equator?
14. The following are functions that were performed by traditional leaders during the pre-colonial, period.
15. Which one of the following groups-of people belong to a nuclear family?
16. Which one of the following communities is CORRECTLY matched with the commodity they traded in during the pre-colonial period?
Community Items of trade
Use the map of Kenya below to answer Questions 17 to 20
17. Which one of the following language groups migrated into Kenya along the route marked H?
18. Which one of the following statements explains why the shaded area marked J is densely populated?
19. The country marked K is ____
20. Which one of the following statements is true about the river marked L?
21. The best way to ensure that the school is kept clean all the time is by
22. The following statements describe a prominent traditional Kenyan leader.
23. Which group of characteristics shown below describes the equatorial vegetation?
24. The main contribution of petroleum to the economy on Nigeria is that it has led to
25. Below are some ways used for predicting the coming of a rainy season.
26. Who among the following African leaders resisted the establishment of French Colonial rule?
27.Which one of the following countries is correctly matched with its capital city?
Country Capital city
28. Three of the following are problems experienced by farmers in Mwea — Tebere Irrigation Scheme. Which one is not?
29. Horticultural farming in Kenya is different from that in the Netherlands in that____
30. Aku, your classmate, has been performing poorly in class because she learnt that her parents are HIV positive. Which one of the following is the best action for you to take to help Aku?
31.The diagram below represents a method used to conserve soil.
The method represented in the diagram above Is
32. Game reserves have been established in Kenya mainly to
33. The following are some historical events that have taken place since independence.
34. The main reason why the United Nations (UN) was formed was to
35. Three of the following statements are true about the Tswana pastoralists. Which one is not?
36.Which one of the following was a result of settler farming in Kenya?
37. Which one of the following is NOT a function of the body in charge of elections in Kenya?
38: Which one of the following groups of countries formed the East-African Community in 1967?
39. Which one of the following cash crops is commonly grown in Zanzibar?
40. Three of the following are roles of political parties in a democracy. Which one is not?
41. Fresh flowers from Kenya are exported to Europe by air because air transport is
42. In Kenya, a national population census is carried out after a period of
43. A pupil has been told by the parents to help in fetching water for sale instead of attending school. The best action for the pupil to take is to ____
44. The Harambee movement in Kenya has led to ___
45. One of the problems affecting fishing in Lake Victoria is that _____
46. Which one of the following is the reason why Madaraka Day is celebrated in Kenya?
47. Which one of the following statements is true of both Julius Nyerere of Tanzania and Haile Selassie of Ethiopia?
48. Which one of the following tourist attractions in Africa is correctly matched with the country where it is found?
Tourist attraction Country
49. Which one of the following is a role of the school management committee in public primary schools in Kenya?
50. Which one of the following is a requirement for a person who wishes to be elected as a member of parliament in Kenya?
The person should be ____
51. Which one of the following places is the safest for pupils to cross the road?
52. Which one of the following groups of industries consists of service industries?
53. Which one of the following government officers is correctly matched with the right responsibility?
Government officer Responsibilities
54. In Kenya, civil marriages are conducted by
55. A foreigner living in Kenya may enjoy the following rights except.
56. ln Kenya, fluorspar is mined through
57. The best way through which protects can help he other pupils to become responsible citizens is by .
58. One of the functions of local authorities in Kenya is to _________________
59. Three of the following are ways through which national unity can be promoted ¡n Kenya.
Which one is not?
60. Which one of the following is a function of parliament in Kenya?
KCPE 2019 SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Which one of the following DOES NOT explain why an improved jiko conserves energy? It has
in which one of the following is work made easier by changing the direction of force applied?
which one of the following groups of foodstuffs constitutes a balanced diet?
The diagram below represents a windsock constructed by pupils
A suitable material that can be used to make the part labelled Q is?
in which one of the following circuit diagrams will the bulb not light?
which one of the following is a way of controlling water pollution?
the MAIN reason why a baby needs to be breastfed by the mother is that the milk produced
the following are features of certain types of clouds:
(i) white in color
(ii) appear like bundles of cotton
(iii) dark grey in colour
(iv) mountainous in shape
Which pair of features are for nimbus clouds?
the diagram below represents a set-up that can be used to demonstrate certain processes involved in change of state of matter.
The process that takes place at point labelled Q is
which one of the following activities can be used to demonstrate rill erosion?
which one of the following pairs consist only of materials that are non-magnetic?
which one of the following activities will make an aluminium foil that was floating on water sink?
which one of the following ways of improving soil fertility will take the longest time for plants to get nutrients?
pupils felt a sample of soil with their fingers. This activity was done to investigate
which one of the following is NOT a practice for maintaining simple tools?
Newton is a unit for
which one of the following pairs consists of only animals that have webbed feet?
corrugated iron sheets can be damaged when they come into contact with
the MAIN reason why black jack weed should be uprooted from a vegetable farm when they are still young is
which one of the following is a modern method of preserving food?
The following are activities involved in demonstrating that light travels in a straight line:
(i) light a candle and place it at the opposite end of the cardboards
(ii) thread a string through the holes
(iii) observe the candle through the holes
(iv) make a hole at the same level in the three cardboards
(v) cut three similar squares of cardboard and fix each cardboard to a piece of wood
Which one of the following is the correct order of activities?
which one of the following groups consists only of cash crops?
the purpose of using rollers to move a load is to
which one of the following if TRUE about heat transfer by convection? It takes place in
the chart below represents a simple classification of liquids
Which liquids are represented by P and Q?
KCPE 2009 SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Which of the following components of blood is involved in clotting after an injury?
which one of the following shows the CORRECT order of the blood flow in the heart?
which one of the following pairs consists only of social effects of drug abuse?
which one of the following statements is TRUE about the incubation stage of HIV infection?
which one of the following is NOT a CORRECT statement about a foetus?
which one of the following pairs of infectious consists only of those that are sexually transmitted?
a ruler placed slanting and partially immersed in water appears bent because light;
the diagram below represents a set-up that can be used to demonstrate a certain aspect of heat
The aspect demonstrated is that;
which one of the following is a storage pest?
which one of the following stores food in the same part of the plant as Irish potato?
the embryo of a seed is made up of?
the following are some characteristics of certain animals
(i) body covered with scales
(ii) lay eggs
(iii) body temperature vary with the surroundings
(iv) breathe through lungs
Which of the following pairs of animals has ALL the characteristics listed?
which one of the following is the main constituent of a balanced diet obtained by animals which feed on lucerne?
which one of the following is NOT an example of rotational grazing?
the following are activities carried out when modelling the solar system, but not in their correct order.
(i) draw circles on manilla paper to show orbits
(ii) model the planets and the sun using clay
(iii) put name tags and models of planets and the sun
(iv) fix models of planets to orbits and the model of the sun at the centre
(v) paste manilla paper on the soft board
Which one of the following is the CORRECT order in which the activities are carried out?
the following are some uses of components of air:
(i) manufacture of electric bulbs
(ii) support burning
(iii) manufacture of soft drinks
(iv) germination of seeds
(v) putting out fires
Which of the uses are for carbon dioxide?
a certain machine when in use, can work with load, effort and fulcrum at different positions as shown in the diagrams I and II.
The machine is a
the following are methods of separating mixtures:
Which two methods are suitable for separating a mixture of water and sand?
which one of the following is a CORRECT food chain?
when pieces of paper are dropped above a fire, they rise. This is because:
The diagram below represents a set-up that was used to demonstrate a certain property of matter
The property demonstrated was
which one of the following materials allow light to pass but one cannot see through it clearly?
which one of the following is the BEST method of managing plastic waste?
Which one of the following diseases can be prevented by wearing gumboots and gloves?
which one of the following practices is an advantage to the soil?
SOURCE: KNEC- KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
KCPE 2009 PAST PAPERS, ANSWERS AND REPORTS