KCPE PAST PAPER 2007 SOCIAL STUDIES QUESTION AND ANSWERS
PART I: SOCIAL STUDIES
Study the map of TIMO area and answer questions 1 to 7.
1. What is the general direction of Wete School from the coffee factory?
2. What is the approximate area of Timo Town in square kilometers?
3. Most of the settlements in Timo area are found
4. Which one of the following features would attract tourists in Zime Location?
5. The climate experienced in Moka Location is likely to be
6. Some cows have strayed into the maize plantation in Roti Location and destroyed the crop. The correct action for the owner of the plantation to take is to
7. Which one of the following social services is not available in Timo town?
8. Which one of the following factors least explains why the Bantu migrated from their original homeland into Eastern Africa?
9. Which one of the following gives the correct the evolution of Early Man?
10. Which one of the following was a result of the coming of the Arabs to Eastern Africa?
11. The main reason for teaching moral laws to the youth is to ___
12. Which one of the following duties was performed by the Ntemi Chief among the Nyamwezi during the pre-colonial period?
13. Which one of the following method of irrigation is used in the Ahero Irrigation Scheme?
14. The graph below represents the climate of a town in Africa.
Which one of the following statements correctly describes the climate of the town?
15. One of the roles of prefects in school management is to
16. Tamaru is a sister to Mbeya. Tamaru has a son called Ndavi while Mbeya has a daughter called Maria. To Ndavi, Maria is a
17. Which one of the following is the main benefit the West African countries have gained as members of the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS)?
18. Your class went on a study tour of an area whose vegetation had the following characteristics:
19. Use the map of Africa below to answer questions 19, 20, 21 and 22.
The country marked J was colonized by
20. The main economic activity carried out in the shaded area marked K is
21. The multi-purpose project found in the place marked L is the
22. What is the time in Alexandria on longitude 30°E when it is 9.00 am in Oran on longitude 0°?
23. You have noticed that your friend Kefa has started smoking. What would be the best action for you to take in order to help him stop the behaviour?
24. Which one of the following African leaders collaborated with the Europeans during the establishment of Colonial rule?
25. The diagram below shows a method of fishing.
The fishing method represented in the diagram is
26. The main method used by the Africans in Zimbabwe to attain their independence was
27. Which one of the following is the correct order of the Provincial Administration in Kenya?
28. To make a complete rotation on its axis, the earth takes
29 Which one of the following is a benefit of a representative democracy?
30. A Standard VIII prefect finds her two classmates quarrelling in class. The right action for the prefect to take is o
31. Which one of the following methods is used to mine limestone in Kenya?
32. Which one of the following groups consists of crops grown in Kenya during the pre-colonial period?
33. Which one of the following is a way of promoting peace in society?
34. The court system in Kenya is headed by the
35. The following are conditions necessary for growing a cash crop in Africa.
36. The government of Swaziland is headed by
37. Three of the following are roles played by the early political associations ¡n Kenya between 1914 and 1945.
Which one is not?
38. Mutua, a football prayer who is representing Kenya in the Commonwealth Games is promised a lot of money by a Canadian Coach if he agrees to play for Canada. He refuses the offer.
The action by Mutua shows that
39. The Age-sex pyramid below represents the population of Germany.
Which one of the following statements is true about the population according to the pyramid?
40. Which one of the following statements is true about the geographical position of Kenya?
41. The main role of the opposition parties in a democratic system of government is to
42. Road safety education is taught in primary schools in Kenya in order to
43. The most widespread means of passing information in the rural areas of Africa is by
44. The main problem facing agricultural cooperative societies in Kenya is
45. The following are farming practices in Africa.
46. Which one of the following is an achievement of Daniel arap Moi’?
47. Which one of the following statements is true about horticultural farming in both Kenya and the Netherlands?
In both countries
48. According to the laws of Kenya, amending the constitution is the responsibility of
49 The main reason why wife inheritance should be discouraged in Kenya is because it leads to
50. Who among the following Municipal Council officials is elected?
51. Which one of the following organs of the United Nations (UN) is responsible for resolving disputes between member countries?
52. The main factor that influences the location of a furniture making industry is
53. Lewa, a pupil at Chui Primary School has been refused by his teacher to go for break for failing to answer questions in class.
Which one of the following child rights has Lewa been denied?
54. Which one of the following types of soil erosion is correctly matched with the area where it commonly occurs?
55. Which one of the following is the best way of conserving wildlife?
56. The Atlas mountains were formed as a result of
57. The main problem resulting from rapid population growth in the rural areas in Kenya is that it has led to
58. Three of the following are problems experienced in urban centres in Kenya.
Which one is not?
59. David Smith, a former British citizen has acquired Kenyan Citizenship through naturalization. Smith may loose his Kenyan citizenship if he
60 In Kenya the national flag is raised in order to
Can't find what you want? Use this Search box.
P.O Box 1189 - 40200 Kisii
Tel: 0728 450 424
Tel: 0738 619 279
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org