Methods the European powers use to acquire colonies in Africa
Name two African Nationalist parties whose leaders attended the Lancaster House conference in London.
African Nationalist parties whose leaders attended the Lancaster House conference in London.
Circumstances which may force the government to limit the and freedom of the individual
Limitations of using written records as a source of African History
Main provisions of the independence constitution of Kenya
The People of Kenya Up To the 19th Century Questions and Answers
(section B)1a) What factors made the cushites migrate into Kenya during thepre – colonial period? (10mks)
b) Explain five results of the migration of the cushites into Kenya during the pre-colonial period. (10mks)
1. Give two factors which led to the migration and settlement of the Iteso into Kenya by 1800.
a) Explain the results of the migration and settlement of the Somali into Kenya by 1800. (7mks)
History Paper 2 1996 Questions and Answers
1. Identify two sources of information which historians use to write the History of Africa (2 mks)
13. Identify two national philosophies which have been used in Kenya since the attainment of independence. (2 mks)
17. Identify two national philosophies used as development strategies in Kenya (2 mks)
14. State one contribution of the ‘Harambee’ movement to the development of health services in Kenya. (1 mk)
15. Identify one national philosophy adopted at independence to promote social justice in Kenya (1mk)
21. (a) State five reasons why the government of Kenya adopted the Sessional Paper No. 10 of 1965. (5 mks)
(b) Explain the social effects of the national philosophies on development in Kenya. (10 mks)
KCSE HISTORY & GOVERNMENT PAPER 1 1996
1. Give two functions of the council of elders among the Akamba during the pre-colonial period.
1. 2005 Q24b: Explain six responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen. (12 marks)
1. Give two functions of the council of elders among the Akamba during the pre –colonial period.(2mks)
15 b) Describe the political organization in Kenya during the pre-colonial period. (8 mks)
Describe two theories about the origin of human beings
Outline the five reasons which made the Nandi resist the imposition of British colonial rule over their territory.
Reasons which made the Nandi resist the imposition of British colonial rule over their territory.
Reason why the 1957 elections are important in the History of Kenya
We must first find out what happened in those elections before we conclude why they were important in the history of Kenya.
The Lyttelton constitution
1. Name two pre- historic sites in Kenya. (2 mks)
2. State two advantages of the discovery of fire by Early Man. (2mks)
1. Identify two ways through which archaeologists obtain information on the history of Kenya. (2 mks)
Differences between history and government
The meaning of “History”
History is the study of man's past chronological account and record of events in reaction to the environment.
History is the study of life in society in the past, in all its aspect, in relation to present developments and future hopes. It is the story of man in time, an inquiry into the past based on evidence. Indeed, evidence is the raw material of history teaching and learning. It is an Inquiry into what happened in the past, when it happened, and how it happened. It is an inquiry into the inevitable changes in human affairs in the past and the ways these changes affect, influence or determine the patterns of life in the society.
[Pallavi Talekau, Dr. Jyotrimayee Nayak , Dr.S.Harichandan]
History is the study of change over time, and it covers all aspects of human society. Political, social, economic, scientific, technological, medical, cultural, intellectual, religious and military developments are all part of history. Usually professional historians specialize in a particular aspect of history, a specific time period, a certain approach to history or a specific geographic region. [www.valdosta.edu/history/documents/what-is-history.pdf]
Give five reasons for studying history.
What things do archaeologists use to construct the activities of people who lived in pre-history times?
Things do archaeologists use to construct the activities of people who lived in pre-history times
Describe the characteristics of the coastal towns by 1500
Positive effects of slavery in Africa
There are no known positive effects of slavery on the victims of slavery who happens to be black Africans also referred to as natives. What this brought to Africans was misery, agony, poverty, sufferings and depressions.
When you teach young scholars about positive effects of slavery who happens to be the grandchildren of the victims of slavery is arrogance and stupidity of the highest order. This is in respect of bad faith and retrogressive thinking.
Only incompetent, escapists, sadists, racists or psychologically insane people have to immoral audacity to raise such questions.
Citizenship-History and Government Topical Questions and Answers
21. b) Explain the circumstances which may force the government to limit the rights and the freedoms of the individual. (12mks)
3. State one reason why the government may limit the freedom of speech (1 mk)
24(b) Explain six responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen. (12 mks)
5. Give the main reason why most of the early urban centers along the Kenyan coast were built on islands.
For security reasons as they could easily see the enemies as they approached by sea.
20(section C) 5b) Explain six factors which have promoted national unity in Kenya since 1963. (12mks)
24. (b) Explain five factors that promote national unity in Kenya. (10 mks)
12. Give one way through which the education system in Kenya promotes national Unity (1 mark)
7. Give one way in which rural to rural migrations in Kenya contribute to national unity. (1 mk)
Give one contribution of John Krapf to the spread of Christianity in Kenya during the nineteenth century.
Contribution of John Krapf to the spread of Christianity in Kenya during the nineteenth century.
Constitution and Constitution Making for Topical History Questions and Answers
15. Which provision in the Kenya constitution protects the wealth of individuals in the country? (1mk)
21. a) Describe the main provisions of the independence constitution of Kenya.(3mks)
21(b) Describe the constitutional amendments which took place in Kenya between 1964 and 1992. (12mks)
14. State one way in which the Kenya constitution promotes national unity. (1 mk)
22 (a) What were the three features of the independence constitution of Kenya?(3 mks)
11. State two provisions of the independence constitution of Kenya. (2 mks)
5. Name the type of constitution used in Kenya (1mk)